Jukebox Playlist

Started by Bison, February 07, 2013, 06:53:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bayonetbrant

proper use of a GoPro

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Staggerwing

For a change of pace- Leonard Cohen

Something classic:

Something edgier:

"Well, it's Father's Day... and everybody's wounded..." is a line that has stuck in my head since first hearing this song many years ago.

Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

bayonetbrant

Watching Rock in the Range footage on AXS tv. Totally worth it...
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Martok

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

MetalDog

The dangers of going to YouTube for one bad ass jam...and finding SO many more!

And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

MetalDog

Further proof that Zappa is a genius.  And Terry Bozio can play the fuck out of some drums!!!

And NSFW (language)

-snicker-

Martok

While I understand that many mock and/or revile the movie itself, I do love the orchestral score -- this piece in particular (I think I may have posted it before, but screw it!): 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

MetalDog

Because RUSH is BOSS!

Staggerwing

For the sake of completion here is Book 2: Hemispheres, the 18 minute followup on their next album:

Back in the day we used to call stuff like that 'Head Music' (as in 'feed your..', not 'get some..').

Note that this album also had the Rush classic Trees on it.

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

MetalDog

You're a good man, Stagger.

Staggerwing

Quote from: MetalDog on May 29, 2015, 10:06:30 PM
You're a good man, Stagger.

In all truth my favorite Rush albums are actually Signals and Grace under Pressure, specifically the songs 'Subdivisions', 'Losing it', and 'Red Sector A'. The latter song has an especially remarkable backstory.

MetalDog

I like all of them until Grace Under Pressure.  After that, with rare exceptions, they lost me.

W8taminute

"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

bayonetbrant

I actually really liked Presto, but Grace Under Pressure is probably my favorite album.  Unfortunately, their album with my favorite song (Spirit of the Radio) is mostly crap beyond that.

BanzaiCat