Jukebox Playlist

Started by Bison, February 07, 2013, 06:53:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MetalDog

Quote from: bayonetbrant on June 05, 2015, 12:43:19 PM
I actually really liked Presto, but Grace Under Pressure is probably my favorite album.  Unfortunately, their album with my favorite song (Spirit of the Radio) is mostly crap beyond that.

Spirit of Radio gets cranked in whatever vehicle I am in as soon as the first note plays.  That's not the case with almost anything from childhood any more.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Huw the Poo

I've just discovered a band called Soen, said to be similar to my favourite band Tool.  They aren't, really, but I can see why some people draw the comparison.  Anyway...

MetalDog

If you dig Tool, Huw, have you heard of Maynard's other effort, A Perfect Circle?

Huw the Poo

I have yeah, MD.  I find APC to be very hit and miss; for every good song (like Judith) there's an equally crap song.  Not bad though.  I'm dying to get the next Tool album though!  It's been far too long.

MetalDog

My oldest is a big Tool fan, so, I heard lots of that as she was growing up.  Then APC hit and I heard a lot of that, too. :)

Huw the Poo

Quote from: MetalDog on June 11, 2015, 06:06:20 AM
My oldest is a big Tool fan, so, I heard lots of that as she was growing up.  Then APC hit and I heard a lot of that, too. :)

I hope my own kids grow up listening to proper music!  I'm having plenty of success with my daughter, who is 9.  She likes her kiddy pop, but she also loves Nirvana, Therion and Type O Negative. ;)

bayonetbrant

for some reason this one's been on the radio a bunch here lately

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

bayonetbrant

and here to re-heavy the proceedings

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

-budd-

Lets get it started
Black Sabbath...After Forever

I pretty much like most of Maynard's stuff, Tool, APC, Puscifer, a new Tool album is over due. Here's something from Puscifer.

pick up it a bit

Saliva...Click,Click...Boom

Godsmack...something different

Been listening to a lot of "In this Moment" lately.

The eye candy finish

Goodnite
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

bayonetbrant

Let's see what we can add to this...

there's this girl

rocking out

and some kicking Saliva

more metal, less heavy

W8taminute

This is the kind of talent and brilliance you just don't see anymore.  I know Judge will like this one as much as I do.  Blondie back in the day made me realize how much I loved blonds but just didn't realize it when I was that ignorant adolescent.   :coolsmiley:

"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Pete Dero

Quote from: bayonetbrant on June 21, 2015, 07:04:21 AM
Let's see what we can add to this...

there's this girl

rocking out

Isn't this a character from 'Gossip Girl' ? 

Made me think of this (Juliette Lewis - Natural Born Killers)

Bison

Bison

bayonetbrant

Pete - Taylor Momsen was also on Gossip Girl.  She's done w/ acting and is a full-time rock star now :)