Jukebox Playlist

Started by Bison, February 07, 2013, 06:53:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Staggerwing

Why be forced to choose? In fact...

Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Nefaro

Nefaro

Swerving off into the classics again..

Nefaro

Rock myth:

Every song with "Easy" or "Black" in the title is a classic.

I'm still not averse to this thinking.

More direct back in the day.  ;)  Not a bad example of the difference.

RooksBailey

Heard about this rock band in Noir City. I have to say, not bad. Only listened to a few songs so far, but I think there is promise here.  'Straightrazor" is pretty catchy:

"As I understand from your communication, Mr. Engle, you're on the brink of self-destruction. May I shake your hand? A brilliant idea! I speak as one who has destroyed himself a score of times.  I am, Mr. Engle, a veteran corpse. We are all corpses here! This rendezvous is one of the musical graveyards of the town. Caters to zombies hopping around with dead hearts and price tags for souls." - Angels Over Broadway

Nefaro

Don't miss these ladies!

Srsly.

Nefaro

Hopefully didn't miss thisearlier, because:

Nefaro

bayonetbrant

Quote from: Nefaro on August 23, 2015, 03:06:44 AMGoddamn classic.

I used to close my THU afternoon radio show with that song every week.
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Centurion40

Probably been posted before, but here is Robert Downey Jr.

Any time is a good time for pie.

RooksBailey

Wow, never realized how the film noir community has such a thriving sub-culture of its own.  Here is another (see The Latenight Callers vid above) music video, this time from a German, noir-influenced "doom jazz" band.  This is really good stuff.  Sadly, this album seems to be the only one no longer available from the group.   >:(  I am hoping that they are re-mastering it or something. Hopefully....

"As I understand from your communication, Mr. Engle, you're on the brink of self-destruction. May I shake your hand? A brilliant idea! I speak as one who has destroyed himself a score of times.  I am, Mr. Engle, a veteran corpse. We are all corpses here! This rendezvous is one of the musical graveyards of the town. Caters to zombies hopping around with dead hearts and price tags for souls." - Angels Over Broadway

Staggerwing

Quote from: RooksBailey on August 25, 2015, 07:40:05 PM
Wow, never realized how the film noir community has such a thriving sub-culture of its own.  Here is another (see The Latenight Callers vid above) music video, this time from a German, noir-influenced "doom jazz" band.  This is really good stuff.  Sadly, this album seems to be the only one no longer available from the group.   >:(  I am hoping that they are re-mastering it or something. Hopefully....

Wow, that is some terrific stuff there. A great counterpoint to Neo Lounge and Hollywood Chill.

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

RooksBailey

Quote from: Staggerwing on August 25, 2015, 08:33:29 PM
Quote from: RooksBailey on August 25, 2015, 07:40:05 PM

Wow, that is some terrific stuff there. A great counterpoint to Neo Lounge and Hollywood Chill.

Sounds good, right?  Some great rainy day jazz right there. 

I am not familiar with Neo-Lounge or Hollywood Chill.  I assuming those are genres?  Any good examples I should check out?

Staggerwing

Actually I made those terms up (though I cannot be the first to do so) to refer to stuff like Ben Vaughn's Designs in Music album (evocative of 60's spy/jewelthief movies) and techno-tinged songs with crooning lead vocals such as Jes/Motorcycle's When the rush comes.

bayonetbrant

see if you recognize the drummer

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers