Jukebox Playlist

Started by Bison, February 07, 2013, 06:53:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Staggerwing

Glad you liked 'em!

I don't recall if the Grateful Dead had anything to do with the Spacey film but the 'American Beauty' is a breed of rose primarily cultivated in the USA: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rosa_%27American_Beauty%27 and frequently used in a symbolic manner.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Emeraldlis

Quote from: Staggerwing on April 11, 2016, 05:42:55 PM
Glad you liked 'em!

I don't recall if the Grateful Dead had anything to do with the Spacey film but the 'American Beauty' is a breed of rose primarily cultivated in the USA: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rosa_%27American_Beauty%27 and frequently used in a symbolic manner.
e

Ah ....gotcha ! Never knew it was the name of the actual rose , that makes more sense now  :)  thanks for the article link  O0
"Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm " winston Churchill 😉
"Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune , or to take arms against a sea of trouble ,and by opposing end them "  hamlet  🎭

A bad hobbit is hard to break - Staggerwing
Booooo!!!!! Repeat !!!!!!!   - MetalDog

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

MetalDog

And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Arctic Blast

The end of a Monday requires one of those 'get you so fired up you could run through a wall' type songs (mashed up with some video that first pretty well).

Emeraldlis

"Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm " winston Churchill 😉
"Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune , or to take arms against a sea of trouble ,and by opposing end them "  hamlet  🎭

bayonetbrant

I sense imminent inbound derision over Nickelback
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

MetalDog

Quote from: Emeraldlis on April 13, 2016, 08:39:30 AM

So YOU'RE the one they keep making music for! 

Quote from: bayonetbrant on April 13, 2016, 08:54:51 AM

bayonetbrant

MetalDog

The one thing I will say is, there's nothing wrong with what they are doing.  Using music to make money doesn't have to follow any rules except, making money, if that's what you are in it for.  At least, I hope that's their motivation.  Otherwise, all the stuff in the article holds true.  And that makes them poseurs.

bayonetbrant

A lot of people said the same thing about Stone Temple Pilots when they first came out.

Staggerwing

I do have to say that Our Lady Peace pulled that sound off better:

Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

MetalDog

Quote from: MetalDog on April 13, 2016, 08:40:10 PM
The one thing I will say is, there's nothing wrong with what they are doing.  Using music to make money doesn't have to follow any rules except, making money, if that's what you are in it for.  At least, I hope that's their motivation.  Otherwise, all the stuff in the article holds true.  And that makes them poseurs.

Quote from: bayonetbrant on April 13, 2016, 08:45:10 PM
A lot of people said the same thing about Stone Temple Pilots when they first came out.

I never got the same vibe from STP as I do from Nickelback.  Scott Weiland was the real McCoy rock star life.  I can't name you one guy in Nickelback.  And I'd be completely shocked if I heard anything negative associated with members of said band.

MetalDog

Quote from: Staggerwing on April 13, 2016, 08:58:31 PM

Not this week, or any time soon, but, that's going to be a FRIDAY song.  You watch ;)

Emeraldlis

Yup...........you called it !!!! They hate it  :buck2
:
Quote from: MetalDog on April 13, 2016, 07:10:13 PM
Quote from: Emeraldlis on April 13, 2016, 08:39:30 AM

So YOU'RE the one they keep making music for! 

I am THAT woman!!   :2funny:

My money is now paying for their mortgages , everyone gotta be paying for their bills somehow , probably just stopped him living rough on the streets . Nothing but the shirt on his back , his gee-tar , and a cardboard box . That actually could make him authentic though .......so give me back my cash dude !! ;D

Quote from: Staggerwing on April 13, 2016, 08:58:31 PM

Lady peace do sound good stags , but I still like nickel back  :)  I'm not sure I understand why they aren't being authentic . They wrote a song that I connect to in some me emotional way , and then they play real instruments and stuff , what's the problem  ???    I'm still a nickleback fan ....so nuh  :buck2: ;D  each to there own I spose  8). I'll have to listen to stone temple pilots when I get a chance , I'm exhausted now fellas , catch you guys later  O0