Jukebox Playlist

Started by Bison, February 07, 2013, 06:53:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

MetalDog

Best laugh of the day, Brant!
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Staggerwing

Looks like the guy on the right didn't get the flag memo.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Ubercat

Not knowing anything about Nickelback except that they were widely hated for some reason, sometime last year I watched a video on YouTube to see what the deal was. It was about the most inane thing I'd ever heard. About like "I went to a party and saw my friends. It was fun. We hung out and partied and then we went home." If all their songs are like that I don't see the point of listening to them.

No offense intended, Emeraldlis!  :) What song did you connect with? I'll listen to it and maybe learn something.
"If you have always believed that everyone should play by the same rules and be judged by the same standards, that would have gotten you labelled a radical 50 years ago, a liberal 25 years ago, and a racist today."

- Thomas Sowell

bayonetbrant

There are some of them that I like, and some of them that drive me nuts.  Wife is OK with them, so I can usually sneak a couple of more rocking songs into playlists in the car and not get stuck listening to nothing but kids' stuff and airhead pop music on road trips.

I like Animals, and I actually like This Afternoon which might be the one you were complaining about.  Next Contestant was pretty good.

Less of a fan of If Everyone Cared and Photograph.
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Emeraldlis

Quote from: bayonetbrant on April 14, 2016, 08:41:09 PM

Very funny Brant !! ( I'm saying that in a non sarcastic way !!!) :2funny: if they come over to your neck of the woods then , can I have your ticket to go see them then please , lol , ;) it sounds like you like some of their songs though , I'm a rock chick at heart myself , not heavy metal .....nothing that crazy , but rock , definately !

Quote from: Staggerwing on April 14, 2016, 08:59:13 PM
Looks like the guy on the right didn't get the flag memo.

Is this why they've had some hate thrown their way then , because they've got the confederate flag on their tee ? Some peace lovin anti slavery guys had to throw hate at them to show them the road to peace !!!! Hmmmmm , interesting way to get ya point across , I spose  :(

Quote from: Ubercat on April 14, 2016, 09:33:14 PM

No offense intended, Emeraldlis!  :) What song did you connect with? I'll listen to it and maybe learn something.

None taken at all übercat  :) the world would be a very dull place if we all liked the same stuff !! The song of theirs I connected to is "you remind me " . This is how the song speaks to me , lol ............it's like this guy has been through a lot of s**t in his life which has given him a lot of walls and defence mechanisms , and he's in love with the woman in the video , and she keeps trying to get past those defences he's got up all over the place , but he keeps pushing her away . She try's everything she can think of to keep him engaging with her in that relationship , but in the end the choice is his , because she just stands there , like , " hey dude , you wanna talk to me , I'm here for you , but you have to talk !! "  so his behaviour reminds her of who she really is , she's strong enough to take it because she's loves him ........she ain't going anywhere !!! She'll just wait it out until he's ready :) but she also respects herself enough to not keep chasing him , because she wants him to want her , not be forced by her ........that's how he reminds her too , that she needs to still respect herself .....don't be throwin herself at him !!!!!  Anyway  THATS what I hear in that song , lol , could be way off the mark !!!

"Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm " winston Churchill 😉
"Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune , or to take arms against a sea of trouble ,and by opposing end them "  hamlet  🎭

A bad hobbit is hard to break - Staggerwing
Booooo!!!!! Repeat !!!!!!!   - MetalDog

bayonetbrant

Quote from: Emeraldlis on April 15, 2016, 06:36:20 AM
Is this why they've had some hate thrown their way then , because they've got the confederate flag on their tee ? Some peace lovin anti slavery guys had to throw hate at them to show them the road to peace !!!! Hmmmmm , interesting way to get ya point across , I spose  :(

I doubt that even registers on the list of reasons why people don't like them....

Arctic Blast

A fair chunk of the hate stemmed from the fact that not only were they inescapable on radio for a couple of years, but their popularity led to a whole brigade of soundalike bands who also became inescapable on the radio. You couldn't get away from it.

Emeraldlis

Quote from: Arctic Blast on April 16, 2016, 03:38:29 AM
A fair chunk of the hate stemmed from the fact that not only were they inescapable on radio for a couple of years, but their popularity led to a whole brigade of soundalike bands who also became inescapable on the radio. You couldn't get away from it.

Played it to death over there then ,eh .......over egged the pudding .....made a perfectly good band with a great sound obsolete by radio stations doing overkill and playing it all the time !!! That all sounds familiar , do you remember Bryan Adams hit "everything I do ( I do it for you ) ? Well exactly the same thing happened in the uk with that song , I think it was number one for about 16 weeks ......sigh , couldn't get away from the flippin thing , and I'm a fan of Bryan Adams , but after that summer EVERYONE was sick of that song ....and it's a great song .......stupid radio stations  :tickedoff:

I doubt that even registers on the list of reasons why people don't like them....

[/quote]

Well Brant , I guess some people are just haters .............."and the haters gonna hate , hate , hate , hate ,hate......" Oops , Taylor swift .........lol , PREACH  :D
"Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm " winston Churchill 😉
"Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune , or to take arms against a sea of trouble ,and by opposing end them "  hamlet  🎭

Emeraldlis

*spoiler alert * Airhead pop song  ;D LOL , had to be done !!!! Love this tune , and the acrobatic moves in this video with the dancing is awesome-ness +10  I really like some of her other songs too ," just like a pill "and "who knew"  are good ones :)

Ubercat

Quote from: Arctic Blast on April 16, 2016, 03:38:29 AM

That explains part of why I didn't understand the hate. I only listen to the radio when I have no choice. 90% of my music listening utilizes iTunes and YouTube.
"If you have always believed that everyone should play by the same rules and be judged by the same standards, that would have gotten you labelled a radical 50 years ago, a liberal 25 years ago, and a racist today."

- Thomas Sowell

MetalDog

Happy 420 my brothers and sisters!!!

MetalDog

I forgot a good one!  Followed by the story that inspired the song.

MetalDog

An absolutely smoking hot performance by Prince.  MAN he can play that guitar!!!

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus