Jukebox Playlist

Started by Bison, February 07, 2013, 06:53:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MetalDog

Quote from: Emeraldlis on January 19, 2017, 09:48:56 AM
Quote from: Banzai_Cat on January 19, 2017, 07:29:25 AM

Nice song B_C , some great Gee-tar playing going on in there , lol  :)

That's not your first Allman Brothers song, is it, Emeraldlis?
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

bayonetbrant

Quote from: MetalDog on January 19, 2017, 06:15:38 PMThat's not your first Allman Brothers song, is it, Emeraldlis?

Might well be - a lot of US southern blues rock doesn't make it overseas.  The whole time I was in German schools, I never met anyone who had even heard of Lynyrd Skynyrd.
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

MetalDog

That's why I asked.  I'm never sure what translates.  Didn't want to post a bunch of favorites if she was already a fan.

Staggerwing

Quote from: bayonetbrant on January 19, 2017, 06:24:06 PM
Quote from: MetalDog on January 19, 2017, 06:15:38 PMThat's not your first Allman Brothers song, is it, Emeraldlis?

Might well be - a lot of US southern blues rock doesn't make it overseas.  The whole time I was in German schools, I never met anyone who had even heard of Lynyrd Skynyrd.

They've sure as hel heard of Lynyrd Skynyrd in Finland:

I wonder if the guys in the army choir are part of the same unit that recently suffered such tragic losses in the recent Black Sea accident.  :(

EDIT: found better quality clip

EDIT again: It was the same chorale organization: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alexandrov_Ensemble  :( :(
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

MetalDog

That was pretty f*ing outstanding, Stagger!  Gave me a Zappa feel with the vibes/xylophone in there and the choir at the end, too.  :)

Staggerwing

Glad to be of service.  :)
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

bayonetbrant

somewhere there's a video of me on rhythm guitar and lead vocals outside the dorms at NC State playing this set list
(except RHCP - I didn't sing on that one)

[yt]https://youtu.be/KS-UqsC55Cc[/yt]

[yt]https://youtu.be/C6jElKMMOWM[/yt]

[yt]https://youtu.be/ysBHZjjVQKI[/yt]

[yt]https://youtu.be/EXtAm7QbwMc[/yt]

Emeraldlis

Quote from: bayonetbrant on January 19, 2017, 06:24:06 PM

Quote from: MetalDog on January 19, 2017, 06:29:15 PM
That's why I asked.  I'm never sure what translates.  Didn't want to post a bunch of favorites if she was already a fan.

Yeah , guys , that was my first time hearing an allman brothers song :) never heard of them before  MD , and as Brant said I've never heard any southern blues rock before . Unless I have and just didn't realise it was that genre !but I honestly can't say that I remember  ??? But yeah that track sounds awesome to me , if you guys have any other southern blues music to post , honestly I'd love to hear it :)
"Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm " winston Churchill 😉
"Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune , or to take arms against a sea of trouble ,and by opposing end them "  hamlet  🎭

A bad hobbit is hard to break - Staggerwing
Booooo!!!!! Repeat !!!!!!!   - MetalDog

bayonetbrant

not necessarily the biggest hits from each of these, but a decent sampler of blues-based A-chord-loving Southern rock

Emeraldlis

Quote from: bayonetbrant on January 19, 2017, 10:59:56 PM
somewhere there's a video of me on rhythm guitar and lead vocals outside the dorms at NC State playing this set list
(except RHCP - I didn't sing on that one)

[yt]https://youtu.be/C6jElKMMOWM[/yt]

[yt]https://youtu.be/ysBHZjjVQKI[/yt]

Seriously loved electric Angels , awesome song  8) never heard it before . And red hot chilli peppers , I've always been a fan , I remember the first time I heard a song of theirs on MTV , I must have been about 13/14 and seriously loved their sound . That was a great song to listen to  :D

I didn't know you could play guitar or sing , that's really cool  :coolsmiley: I had piano lessons when I was a kid for a couple of years , I'm not great ....I just tinker , lol , I used to have a piano , but I can't have one here , just not got the room for one , but I still have a keyboard that I mess around on occasionally ....when life permits ...sigh ! Do you still play/sing ?.........dance around occasionally ?  :) do you still have a guitar ? And what made you choose rhythm ? I'm firing a lot of questions your way , lol , but I'm just curious , I love music :)

I see you've posted some southern blues music , I SERIOUSLY want to give that a listen right now , lol , but I have to head out the door soon , but I'm really looking forward to sitting down with a glass of wine and giving it a listen , thanks :) what is really cool , is that it's a recommend from a guy who actually lives in the south , so in that way it feels like I'm going to get a much more authentic experience of that type of music . Thanks for posting it  :bd: :)
"Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm " winston Churchill 😉
"Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune , or to take arms against a sea of trouble ,and by opposing end them "  hamlet  🎭

Emeraldlis

Quote from: bayonetbrant on January 20, 2017, 09:48:14 AM
not necessarily the biggest hits from each of these, but a decent sampler of blues-based A-chord-loving Southern rock

Liked the intro to this track , I liked the stops and starts in the melody , guitar sounds awesome , good solid track I thought , I really liked it :)

Really cool to see an original MTV video from back in the day  8) just thought this was a really catchy tune , great to rock out to , wouldn't have thought it was southern blues rock if I'd have just heard this by myself , I would have just assumed it was rock .....

I've heard of this band before :) a good friend of mine played me a track of theirs ....back to paradise :) I still have the track , I think they're really good . I think this song is lovely , really nice lyrics . I think the drums drive this track ....it sounds awesome :)

I'm gonna be an allman brothers fan ....I can tell !!!! I love the intro on this track , the tempo , the rhythm, the guys voice .....everything !!!! I could listen to this on repeat and not get bored , it's a killer track with great vocals ......awesome  :D

This track definately makes me think of what I'd call classic country music, more bluesy/country than rock , awesome  . Loved the flute in the intro , grabbed me straight away , loved his gravely southern voice/accent ...very cool  8) loved the lyrics , killer track :)

I really didn't like her voice .....sigh . I could listen to the track all day long , the brass section was awesome , the sax and the trumpets were amazing ,that guy can play the sax ...woah !!!! I wish I could hear that song with someone else singing it ,she just sounded to me like she was straining to hit the notes , which I just found annoying , but other than that a great sound :)

Loved the story told in this song :) everything about this track grabbed me , his voice , drums and guitar awesome . I was sad when it ended , and I think if you want to hear more of a song/tune it's a good marker that it fits into your taste , wheelhouse  O0

Loved the artwork on the cover , lol :) the line ,"sitting in the backseat drinking your liquor " made me smile ......ooh the bitterness , lol , I liked the track , I can't say it blew me away . Maybe it'll grow on me with a few listens , of the all , this is the one I could take or leave , but still nice :)

I really , really enjoyed listening to all of those songs , Thankyou :) I think I've just found a new sound to love ....*gasp*......*shock* .....who knew,lol !!!! Y'all have been keeping some great music to yourselves down south , it's a great sound ....I'm in  :D  :-"  :-"

bayonetbrant

bayonetbrant

Quote from: Emeraldlis on January 20, 2017, 07:20:36 PM
This track definately makes me think of what I'd call classic country music, more bluesy/country than rock , awesome  . Loved the flute in the intro , grabbed me straight away , loved his gravely southern voice/accent ...very cool  8) loved the lyrics , killer track :)

Southern rock has always had a country influence / overlap in themes, but the sound (especially in the mid-70s when that one was recorded) is distinctly different.

compare these two

[yt]https://youtu.be/J4j7ggZqbiU[/yt]

vs

[yt]https://youtu.be/wC6bo3XJnVQ[/yt]

bayonetbrant

Quote from: Emeraldlis on January 20, 2017, 10:23:29 AMI didn't know you could play guitar or sing

I play guitar, badly.  I don't sing - that's part of the humor of it all.  I'm a bad singer, but we didn't have anyone else willing to do it, so I got stuck with it.