Jukebox Playlist

Started by Bison, February 07, 2013, 06:53:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bayonetbrant

and how is this not on every mediocre classic rock radio rotation?

it's like a harder version of anything Benny Mardones ever did.

[yt]https://youtu.be/FdF2vL5btC8[/yt]
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

bayonetbrant

jamus34

Been listening to this a lot lately... RIP Lemmy.

Insert witty comment here.

bayonetbrant

Emeraldlis

Quote from: MetalDog on January 29, 2017, 04:23:04 PM
Sorry, E.  I've never actually been to a Skynyrd concert.  I could see how you might think that with how I wrote my reply.  No, what I meant is, that "Freebird," is such an iconic song, and encore worthy, it's really kind of a smarmy joke to yell, "Freebird," at whatever concert I am at before the band comes back onstage for their encore.  Especially once all the lighters get lit.  Or as nowadays is the case, cellphones.  Which don't really produce the same effect as lighters, but, it's the thought that counts.  Glad you liked the tunes, though.

Gotcha MD ☺️ Maybe I'll just go to a concert here and randomly shout freebird 😏...just to confuse people 😂 And yep , lighters are the way to go 🕯. I liked all of the allman songs you posted , but those three at the end were awesome , the harmonica on train train blew me away 💥And high tides and green grass is just epic , nice one MD 👍
Quote from: bayonetbrant on January 29, 2017, 08:50:45 PM
I am sooooooo digging on Radio Free Raleigh tonight.

Last 5 songs:
Come As You Are (Nirvana)
1979 (Smashing Pumpkins)
Every Day I Write The Book (Elvis Costello)
Wonderful (Adam Ant)
Dyslexic Heart (Paul Westerberg)

They've mixed in Soundgarden, Hootie, OCMS, Far Too Jones, Semisonic, Wallflowers, Ozzy, and Korn.

Gawd I love this station :)

That station was an awesome find Brant 😎 I've been listening to mostly the 90's stuff on there , when you go on the front page and click on rock ,what exactly is the other link you're listening to because that list you've posted sounds like a great playlist 🎼💥
Quote from: bayonetbrant on January 29, 2017, 09:05:52 PM
also just 'cuz

[yt]https://youtu.be/AIlvK_fcKeg[/yt]

Loved listening to this song you posted 😝🙃🎸 cool rock song :)
"Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm " winston Churchill 😉
"Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune , or to take arms against a sea of trouble ,and by opposing end them "  hamlet  🎭

A bad hobbit is hard to break - Staggerwing
Booooo!!!!! Repeat !!!!!!!   - MetalDog

MetalDog

Quote from: Emeraldlis on January 30, 2017, 11:20:52 AM
Sorry, E.  I've never actually been to a Skynyrd concert.  I could see how you might think that with how I wrote my reply.  No, what I meant is, that "Freebird," is such an iconic song, and encore worthy, it's really kind of a smarmy joke to yell, "Freebird," at whatever concert I am at before the band comes back onstage for their encore.  Especially once all the lighters get lit.  Or as nowadays is the case, cellphones.  Which don't really produce the same effect as lighters, but, it's the thought that counts.  Glad you liked the tunes, though.

Gotcha MD ☺️ Maybe I'll just go to a concert here and randomly shout freebird 😏...just to confuse people 😂 And yep , lighters are the way to go 🕯. I liked all of the allman songs you posted , but those three at the end were awesome , the harmonica on train train blew me away 💥And high tides and green grass is just epic , nice one MD 👍

Thank you, Emeraldlis.  Believe it or not, I heard all those songs on the radio growing up.  Along with The Kinks, Elvis Costello, the Tubes, Black Sabbath, Rush, Van Halen, KISS, The Cars, Talking Heads, R. E. M., ELP, Peter Gabriel, The Stones, The Who, The Beatles, Zeppelin, and on and on and on.  I had no idea how good I had it until I lived through the last 30+ years of whatever new music came out.  Which isn't to say that there has been no good music since then.  Far from it.  But the stations I get here now just seem to recycle what I've heard for my entire lifetime along with a lot of same sounding new stuff.

Oh!  And you should TOTALLY yell, "Freebird," before the encore of the next show you see.  Someone might hear you and laugh along with you.  And even if noone does, you'll still be amused ;)
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Emeraldlis

Quote from: MetalDog on January 30, 2017, 05:43:57 PM

Thank you, Emeraldlis.  Believe it or not, I heard all those songs on the radio growing up.  Along with The Kinks, Elvis Costello, the Tubes, Black Sabbath, Rush, Van Halen, KISS, The Cars, Talking Heads, R. E. M., ELP, Peter Gabriel, The Stones, The Who, The Beatles, Zeppelin, and on and on and on.  I had no idea how good I had it until I lived through the last 30+ years of whatever new music came out.  Which isn't to say that there has been no good music since then.  Far from it.  But the stations I get here now just seem to recycle what I've heard for my entire lifetime along with a lot of same sounding new stuff.

Oh!  And you should TOTALLY yell, "Freebird," before the encore of the next show you see.  Someone might hear you and laugh along with you.  And even if noone does, you'll still be amused ;)

It's funny , but I never really listened to the radio until I was maybe 10/11 years old , not for music anyway . All of my musical taste before that was just mainly what my parents listened to , and that was mainly, Simon and Garfunkel, John Denver , Neil diamond .....music along those lines , and my mum was a complete Elvis Presley nut , lol , and I have favourites from that selection of artists , but when I started listening to radio for myself and discovered rock ....omg , it blew my head off  :D And my older brother discovered dance and techno music, it was the early 90's , lol, and blasted it through the house most days every day , haha , so I picked up some of his taste in that genre ....pretty hard not to really !!!!
I think you're  lucky that you had all of that music as your early influence growing up , and from the list you've given I really like Peter Gabriel and R.E.M , I've heard of most of the others ,never heard of rush or the tubes . and apart from the Beatles and the who , I haven't really explored much of the others . I think you have great taste in music though  O0 whatever you post from the bunch of artists you've mentioned , I probably won't have heard of most of it .......but it would be cool to hear your favourites  8) I must sound as though I've lived under a rock  ;D
I think it is hard to find new music when you've heard it all , I think the most you can look for is someone with a voice that impresses you , even if it's similar music .....music might be the same , but voices are all unique . I think it's the most you can hope for now ....sigh .
Thankyou for posting all the other music , It's been just really enjoyable listening to it all and exploring it for myself :) And , wow , lynyrd skynyrd have been prolific , which is awesome , but I'm still listening to their stuff and deciding what tunes I like . To be honest I think you and Brant have posted a lot of their best tunes already , but when I've had time to pick from the other tunes I'll definately post what's impressed me :)

And I am totally shouting freebird at the next concert that I attend  ;D it'll be totally hilarious if anyone else gets it .....and if they don't , it'll be even funnier !!!!!!  :DD
"Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm " winston Churchill 😉
"Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune , or to take arms against a sea of trouble ,and by opposing end them "  hamlet  🎭

MetalDog

It's funny , but I never really listened to the radio until I was maybe 10/11 years old , not for music anyway . All of my musical taste before that was just mainly what my parents listened to , and that was mainly, Simon and Garfunkel, John Denver , Neil diamond .....music along those lines , and my mum was a complete Elvis Presley nut , lol , and I have favourites from that selection of artists , but when I started listening to radio for myself and discovered rock ....omg , it blew my head off  :D And my older brother discovered dance and techno music, it was the early 90's , lol, and blasted it through the house most days every day , haha , so I picked up some of his taste in that genre ....pretty hard not to really !!!!
I think you're  lucky that you had all of that music as your early influence growing up , and from the list you've given I really like Peter Gabriel and R.E.M , I've heard of most of the others ,never heard of rush or the tubes . and apart from the Beatles and the who , I haven't really explored much of the others . I think you have great taste in music though  O0 whatever you post from the bunch of artists you've mentioned , I probably won't have heard of most of it .......but it would be cool to hear your favourites  8) I must sound as though I've lived under a rock  ;D
I think it is hard to find new music when you've heard it all , I think the most you can look for is someone with a voice that impresses you , even if it's similar music .....music might be the same , but voices are all unique . I think it's the most you can hope for now ....sigh .
Thankyou for posting all the other music , It's been just really enjoyable listening to it all and exploring it for myself :) And , wow , lynyrd skynyrd have been prolific , which is awesome , but I'm still listening to their stuff and deciding what tunes I like . To be honest I think you and Brant have posted a lot of their best tunes already , but when I've had time to pick from the other tunes I'll definately post what's impressed me :)

And I am totally shouting freebird at the next concert that I attend  ;D it'll be totally hilarious if anyone else gets it .....and if they don't , it'll be even funnier !!!!!!  :DD

^That's the spirit!

Music is the best.  To have a thirst for it means always looking for something from it.  Sometimes it's the old familiar.  Hearing Jimmy Page with the opening notes of Communication Breakdown before Bonzo comes in and Robert wails out, "Hey, girl, stop what you're doin'/Hey, girl, you'll drive me to ruin," to Bruno Mars doing his best James Brown impression on, "Perm."  Or going sideways and listening to twee.  Or bluegrass.  Or jazz.  Or whatever comes on next and is interesting.  The myriad ways artists continue to shape and mold and rearrange the notes so they sound good to the ear never ceases to amaze me.  And it always seems like there is something I've never heard before, if I choose to go looking for it.  Awesome.

Now that I've dispensed with the niceties, you have engaged the ol' vanity in asking me to post what I like.  So, I will oblige.

He closed the show with this when I saw him and Sting together after Origins.  Simply awesome.

And while it's a giant pain in the neck to go back through a thread to the beginning, I've contributed a lot of music to this thread.  Should give you a pretty good idea as to my tastes.  The avatar is a pretty big clue, too ;)

bayonetbrant

Spirit of the Radio has been my go-to 'headphones' song for the longest time

MetalDog

Spirit of Radio to this day never fails to get me up on my way.

bayonetbrant

Emeraldlis

^That's the spirit!

Music is the best.  To have a thirst for it means always looking for something from it.  Sometimes it's the old familiar.  Hearing Jimmy Page with the opening notes of Communication Breakdown before Bonzo comes in and Robert wails out, "Hey, girl, stop what you're doin'/Hey, girl, you'll drive me to ruin," to Bruno Mars doing his best James Brown impression on, "Perm."  Or going sideways and listening to twee.  Or bluegrass.  Or jazz.  Or whatever comes on next and is interesting.  The myriad ways artists continue to shape and mold and rearrange the notes so they sound good to the ear never ceases to amaze me.  And it always seems like there is something I've never heard before, if I choose to go looking for it.  Awesome.

Now that I've dispensed with the niceties, you have engaged the ol' vanity in asking me to post what I like.  So, I will oblige.

Nothing wrong with that tune at all !!! It's just a very cool track , flippin awesome  :-"  O:-)

He closed the show with this when I saw him and Sting together after Origins.  Simply awesome.

Wow , he has a great sound . I can see why he was paired with sting , similar sound I think  :) that's cool that you got to see them live , your money spent seeing sting probably saved 0.01% of the rainforest , awesome  ;)

Yeah , love this track from Peter Gabriel :) I think he did better stuff after he stopped being the front man for what became Genesis with Phil Collins . I have a feeling it wasn't called Genesis when he was with them , but love Genesis  8) phill Collins on drum solos are awesome !!!!

That's a really cool song  8) I liked the switch up in the tune towards the end , wasn't expecting that , it sounded awesome  :bd:

And while it's a giant pain in the neck to go back through a thread to the beginning, I've contributed a lot of music to this thread.  Should give you a pretty good idea as to my tastes.  The avatar is a pretty big clue, too ;)

Challenge accepted  :bd: what's 800 pages of music between friends  :P haha , should be quite cool to go check it out  :)  I agree , I love good lyrics too . That was a great selection of songs ......long may your vanity reign , lol , thanks for posting :)

These are a few I've listened to recently :

This always puts me in a good mood :)

Was listening to this last night , the title ,mo guile mear , is Irish Gaelic . I've heard diffrent translations , but the one I've heard the most is it means my gallant hero or darling . It's from a really famous Irish poem 18th century . But I think stings version is very cool  8) and the Irish language is lovely to listen to :)

I was in an Irish music mood , lol , but they have amazing vocal harmonies , and this version of this song is awesome :)

This album of Paul Simons , Graceland , is one of my all time favourites , it's one I go back to listen to quite a lot :) love every track on it , but love this song because it's completely unlike any music I ever grew up listening to , I like how diffrent it is .

So that's a bit of a mixed bag !!

I also gather you're a bit of a Zappa fan , your profile pic is a pretty big clue , lol  ;)

bayonetbrant

OK, they're Welsh, not Irish, but there's only so much Thin Lizzy they'll let me post around here

[yt]https://youtu.be/YMZyepKutns[/yt]

Pete Dero

Reminded me of this :

A bit in a hippie mood today :