Jukebox Playlist

Started by Bison, February 07, 2013, 06:53:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pete Dero

Quote from: Emeraldlis on February 03, 2017, 10:45:56 AM
What is this black crowes you speak of  ???

I think this is their best know song

Someone was a bit faster ...

bayonetbrant

I thought their biggest hit was their cover of Hard to Handle

[yt]https://youtu.be/mtLbE3IUY2U[/yt]
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

bayonetbrant

Audley Freed, who was also the lead guitarist for Cry of Love, went on tour with The Black Crowes for several years after they kicked Marc Ford out of the band.

Audley used to work at Harry's Guitar Shop here in town, and did the rewiring on my guitar when I had to replace my tone pot.
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Emeraldlis

Cool   8) prefer the song hard to handle , are they southern rockers then ?

Quote from: bayonetbrant on February 03, 2017, 10:56:01 AM
Audley Freed, who was also the lead guitarist for Cry of Love, went on tour with The Black Crowes for several years after they kicked Marc Ford out of the band.

Audley used to work at Harry's Guitar Shop here in town, and did the rewiring on my guitar when I had to replace my tone pot.

It's great to have a pro musician working in a music shop I think , makes you feel like someone knows what they're talking about ....and you know your guitars in good hands  ;) did it sound just as good after repair ?
"Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm " winston Churchill 😉
"Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune , or to take arms against a sea of trouble ,and by opposing end them "  hamlet  🎭

A bad hobbit is hard to break - Staggerwing
Booooo!!!!! Repeat !!!!!!!   - MetalDog

Emeraldlis

"Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm " winston Churchill 😉
"Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune , or to take arms against a sea of trouble ,and by opposing end them "  hamlet  🎭

A bad hobbit is hard to break - Staggerwing
Booooo!!!!! Repeat !!!!!!!   - MetalDog

Staggerwing

Quote from: Banzai_Cat on February 02, 2017, 04:53:37 PM
You will not be able to look away.

I see your Zlad! and raise you a Daler Mehndi:

Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Staggerwing

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

bayonetbrant

worst commercial / promo video EVAH?

[yt]https://youtu.be/ktQOLO4U5iQ[/yt]

Staggerwing

Advanced apologies...

There're more Jan Terri videos out there in the wide wacky internet in the event some of you crave more unseeable delights.

BanzaiCat

MetalDog

Used to play this for my baby momma.

And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

BanzaiCat

The Southern Harmony & Musical Companion is one of the best albums I've ever listened to. I also really liked the By Your Side album.

This is one of my favorites from them:

MetalDog

Totally with you on that, B_C.  Almost posted Sometimes Salvation myself.  Was going to play My Morning Song, but went here instead.

Can only find the Amorica album cover on YouTube's version of P. 25 London.  You should really go listen to it.  All of you.

MetalDog

Dug these guys before there was a Black Crowes.  The whole first album is lost gold.  One of the many nuggets:

bayonetbrant

before there were The Black Crowes

[yt]https://youtu.be/Rv2Watl1OFM[/yt]