Jukebox Playlist

Started by Bison, February 07, 2013, 06:53:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bayonetbrant

these guys are coming thru town in a few weeks opening for Foo Fighters, and I'm trying really hard to figure out a way to swing that one.

they're also coming back around as a club headliner later in the year, and much more affordable tickets, but the show is in Wilmingon, and nothing good ever happens to me in Wilmington, so I'm trying to talk myself into going to that one even with the shitty track record of Wilmington behind me.

[yt]https://youtu.be/Y4TJCogsfYs[/yt]

but the more I listen to these guys, the more I'm totally digging them and would love to catch them live...
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Pete Dero

Almost 30 years old but still one of my favorites.

Pete Dero

bayonetbrant

Quote from: Pete Dero on September 01, 2017, 03:48:52 AM
30 years ago ...

dude, your math is off by 10 years

which, of course, makes me feel even worse...   :-\
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Pete Dero

Quote from: bayonetbrant on September 01, 2017, 06:22:23 AM
Quote from: Pete Dero on September 01, 2017, 03:48:52 AM
30 years ago ...

dude, your math is off by 10 years

:-[

Now I feel as bad as you  :'(.
It seems I have issues with age and have trouble accepting reality.

bayonetbrant

name that band!

(bonus points if you get the guy in the top right of the picture)

Barthheart

Some Euro group no one has heard of except you?  :P

bayonetbrant

Quote from: Barthheart on September 01, 2017, 01:33:46 PM
Some Euro group no one has heard of except you?  :P

nope

but there's 1-1/2 pretty famous dudes in the band

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

bayonetbrant

mirth

Damn. I was expecting that answer to be more rage inducing.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

BanzaiCat

Brant and the Fleshlights?

bayonetbrant

Quote from: BanzaiCat on September 01, 2017, 05:29:36 PM
Brant and the Fleshlights?

I was about 10 years old when that was taken...

MetalDog

And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

bayonetbrant

Quote from: MetalDog on September 01, 2017, 07:53:03 PM
Stryper?

not a half-bad guess, but not correct.

That's Steeler, with Yngwie holding the guitar, and Ron Keel in the front right (some of you country fans might know his as Ronnie Lee Keel).
The guy in the top right is my former boss from Kinko's, but this is back when he was the publisher of Metal Rendezvous magazine, when he would show up in a lot of backstage documentaries and "behind the music" kind of shows in the early '80s.

If you look at the drummer's shirt, you can see some of the original "Steeler"album logo on it, through the bass player's hair.