Previous topic - Next topic

MetalDog

For those who couldn't get enough of the Red Rocker in Van Halen

And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

bayonetbrant

if anyone is allowed to cover Eagles tunes, it's Linda Ronstadt

[yt]https://youtu.be/myq0zxDHK1g[/yt]
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Pete Dero

For Bayonetbrant :  female leadguitar

Staggerwing

Quote from: Pete Dero on November 11, 2017, 12:05:59 PM
For Bayonetbrant :  female leadguitar

I forgot all about them. This was probably the song that got the most airplay in the US:

Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

MetalDog

Another boss tune by Veruca Salt.  And from 1997 to boot!

MetalDog

You can laugh if you want because it's Creed, but, this album was huge when it came out.  And this is a really good song.

Pete Dero

Pete Dero

trailrunner

Pete Dero

Pete Dero

MetalDog

Some awesome blues guitar

bayonetbrant

I know there's plenty of chicks that rock a mean lead axe. My point (like 200+ posts ago) was that most of them seem to be in all-girls bands.

The fact that we had to think about it as much as we did to find exceptions kind of proved the point
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Pete Dero

Quote from: bayonetbrant on November 11, 2017, 02:27:17 PM
I know there's plenty of chicks that rock a mean lead axe. My point (like 200+ posts ago) was that most of them seem to be in all-girls bands.

The fact that we had to think about it as much as we did to find exceptions kind of proved the point

Many guys I know who played in a band did it (at least in part) because it seems to attract women.

Maybe this explains when they start a band it is an all girl band.  Would you like to be the only woman on a tour bus amongst a bunch of guys ?

BanzaiCat