Jukebox Playlist

Started by Bison, February 07, 2013, 06:53:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bayonetbrant

My daughter has been dancing around the living room to Leo Moracchioli covers - Let It Go, Uptown Funk, Shake It Off, Titanium, Bad Romance, etc...
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

BanzaiCat

Show her the video of this Gorillaz cover where he dances through a mall in a bunny suit while playing the guitar. ;)

The 'making of' video is interesting, too.

bayonetbrant

she doesn't know the original Gorillaz song well enough to get into that one

she's also in bed now :)
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

BanzaiCat

I just thought she'd find the bunny costume amusing.

And the cover isn't half bad, though I'm in the same boat as she - I know of the Gorillaz, but I couldn't name one of their songs, and I've not heard the original of this one.

bayonetbrant

Quote from: BanzaiCat on November 11, 2017, 08:34:51 PM
I just thought she'd find the bunny costume amusing.

And the cover isn't half bad, though I'm in the same boat as she - I know of the Gorillaz, but I couldn't name one of their songs, and I've not heard the original of this one.

Feel Good Inc isn't a bad tune.  Dirty Harry isn't bad, either.  The others seem a little derivative, like the schtick is only 2-3 songs deep

Pete Dero

Staggerwing

Ravonettes- good choice!

Isn't one of the guys who was in Flash and the Pan the brother of Angus & Malcolm Young, of ACDC fame?
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Pete Dero

Quote from: Staggerwing on November 12, 2017, 02:20:39 PM
Isn't one of the guys who was in Flash and the Pan the brother of Angus & Malcolm Young, of ACDC fame?

George Young (older brother of Angus & Malcolm) was one of the founders of Flash And the Pan.

He started in The Easybeats.

MetalDog

Ok.  Here goes.  A couple songs from each album starting with the Under the Table and Dreaming album.

And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

MetalDog

MetalDog

Before These Crowded Streets

And one of my very favorite songs

MetalDog