Jukebox Playlist

Started by Bison, February 07, 2013, 06:53:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martok

Quote from: bayonetbrant on December 06, 2017, 06:00:02 AM
[yt]https://youtu.be/Ui1eRqX0mZo[/yt]
Good song.  Rise Against is one of those groups I always mean to check out more of, but never get around to do actually doing so. 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

Emeraldlis

Quote from: bayonetbrant on December 09, 2017, 03:52:42 PM
Quote from: Emeraldlis on December 08, 2017, 05:17:23 PM
I wonder how that collaboration ever happened  ???

he started out there before he ever became a crooner.

Just never knew that about Michael Bolton  ::) there are no Blackjack songs either on Spotify :(  He sounds great as a rocker. But I've only ever heard him do the big power ballads, which for that genre he's at the top I think.

Quote from: Staggerwing on December 09, 2017, 05:40:02 PM
Quote from: Emeraldlis on December 08, 2017, 05:17:23 PM
...That hair though...... Someone PLEASE pass me the scissors, his long locks need to be severed, IMMEDIATELY!!!  ;D

Is that better?

MUCH!!! Thank goodness someone one either told him to get it chopped off, or he realised it himself. He looks at least 10 years younger!  And may I just also say he looks much more boyishly handsome.... An improvement all round  :nerd:
"Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm " winston Churchill 😉
"Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune , or to take arms against a sea of trouble ,and by opposing end them "  hamlet  🎭

A bad hobbit is hard to break - Staggerwing
Booooo!!!!! Repeat !!!!!!!   - MetalDog

bayonetbrant

Quote from: Martok on December 10, 2017, 01:56:59 AM
Good song.  Rise Against is one of those groups I always mean to check out more of, but never get around to do actually doing so. 

That's a good descriptor :)

"Savior" might one of my top 20-25 favorite tunes of all-time
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

mirth

Quote from: Tuna on December 09, 2017, 12:53:55 PM
This is pretty amazing.. Long but amazing!

Damn. That's great.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Tuna

Quote from: mirth on December 10, 2017, 09:49:56 AM
Quote from: Tuna on December 09, 2017, 12:53:55 PM
This is pretty amazing.. Long but amazing!

Damn. That's great.

I hope they got an A for that Berklee!

MetalDog

If you like Smashing Pumpkins, I think you'll like this

And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

MetalDog

A little remake with the original singer of the song again in that role.

MetalDog

Let's see this come out the other end whole.

trailrunner

If you have a playlist for running or exercising, make sure this song is included.

MetalDog

Staggerwing

Quote from: MetalDog on December 10, 2017, 12:44:27 PM

Here's a live NIN version, also with Numan singing:

Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Emeraldlis

Quote from: Staggerwing on December 10, 2017, 04:13:04 PM
Quote from: MetalDog on December 10, 2017, 12:44:27 PM

Here's a live NIN version, also with Numan singing:

This is a great song MD posted :) And the live version you've put up is very cool  8)  He sounds just as good live as he does on the track. That was a great listen you guys  O0

This is a band I saw live a few weeks ago. I went with a friend, and we were both blown away by how much  good this band was live. I think her and I are life long fans  :) They got there start in a bar in Limerick. The videos do no justice to how good there sound is, there harmonies are amazing!

"Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm " winston Churchill 😉
"Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune , or to take arms against a sea of trouble ,and by opposing end them "  hamlet  🎭

Emeraldlis

Quote from: trailrunner on December 10, 2017, 02:36:07 PM
If you have a playlist for running or exercising, make sure this song is included.

That's got a great tempo for running. I do have run and walk playlists on various devices, that's definitely going into a play list  O0 I'm always on the look out for new exercise songs, if you think of any other good ones to post, that'd be great :) thank you  :)

BanzaiCat

BanzaiCat