Jukebox Playlist

Started by Bison, February 07, 2013, 06:53:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MetalDog

Kingdom Come was the most obvious, but a host of Zeppelin's 'children' populated the years following their inception.  Including an attempt by Jimmy Page.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

MetalDog

A funny little ditty.  And hellacious to play on Guitar Hero.

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

trailrunner

My second daughter was born in 1989, so I was up to my elbows in diapers and rugrats and I didn't listen to very much music. 

Looks like I didn't miss anything.

MetalDog

I do purposely post the stuff here that I wouldn't post in a Bracket.  Make sure you come back around Sunday for the '89 Round of 16.  You might know one or two of those ;)

Emeraldlis

Quote from: MetalDog on December 26, 2017, 10:00:53 AM
For those of you who may enjoy a little New Kids (all one of you ;) )

Should have waited a minute to post the above.  I knew this "song" was around here somewhere

Love ya MD  :smitten: Thanks for posting some of my favourite nostalgic music   :hug: it's always great to see the videos as well... Takes me straight back, happy days!!!! I saw the Phil Collins as well you posted, awesome, nice one thanks  O0
"Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm " winston Churchill 😉
"Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune , or to take arms against a sea of trouble ,and by opposing end them "  hamlet  🎭

A bad hobbit is hard to break - Staggerwing
Booooo!!!!! Repeat !!!!!!!   - MetalDog

MetalDog

I knew you would appreciate them ;)  Glad you did  :bd:

bayonetbrant

Quote from: MetalDog on December 27, 2017, 08:51:24 AM
I knew you would appreciate them ;)  Glad you did  :bd:

You're such a suckup. :)
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

MetalDog

I had to have an excuse for dumping all the crap songs that were popular that year.  Just glad someone liked them.  Lord knows everything you like is well liked by everyone else, too ;)

bayonetbrant

the highlight of an otherwise annoying movie,

[yt]https://youtu.be/oHduCQQYdPk[/yt]

bayonetbrant

Quote from: MetalDog on December 26, 2017, 09:25:37 AM
Never fails to amaze me that music that is supposed to be so popular can be unheard by me even though I was alive when it was popular.

I genuinely curious how you missed this one, since everyone was playing it everywhere all the time in early '89

back then, mashups like this were still 'weird'...

bayonetbrant

also wondering how you missed this one for '88

[yt]https://youtu.be/RhxF9Qg5mOU[/yt]

Pete Dero

I hope this wasn't a hit in the US.

Pete Dero

Pete Dero