Jukebox Playlist

Started by Bison, February 07, 2013, 06:53:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Emeraldlis

Quote from: MetalDog on December 27, 2017, 08:51:24 AM
I knew you would appreciate them ;)  Glad you did  :bd:

I sure did MD  O0 I got a kick out of walking down memory lane and reliving some nostalgic moments from my life, thanks for posting them  :)

Quote from: bayonetbrant on December 28, 2017, 11:30:44 AM
also wondering how you missed this one for '88

[yt]https://youtu.be/RhxF9Qg5mOU[/yt]

I love this song too  :smitten: one of the best all time ever, throw back feel good tunes, imo  :)
"Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm " winston Churchill 😉
"Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune , or to take arms against a sea of trouble ,and by opposing end them "  hamlet  🎭

A bad hobbit is hard to break - Staggerwing
Booooo!!!!! Repeat !!!!!!!   - MetalDog

MetalDog

Quote from: Pete Dero on December 28, 2017, 11:55:16 AM

When U2 was more garagerock than stadiumrock ...

Quote from: Pete Dero on December 28, 2017, 11:57:27 AM

That was the U2 I liked.  Once they got huge over here, I got tired of people telling me how great they were and that Bono was a genius.  So I actively disliked them.  As I've gotten older, I appreciate more of the stadium stuff now than I did then.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Martok

Still one of my all-time favorite songs from the 90's.  While obviously anything gets old when listened to repeatedly, I could probably listen to this one multiple times far more than I could most tunes: 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

bayonetbrant

^^^ The first time I heard that song was on the radio, as I was driving thru Memphis on my way home from my freshman year of college.
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Emeraldlis

^ that's actually really cool! And, yep Martok, that song never gets old for me either. Cher does a really good version of that song to, I can listen to either.
"Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm " winston Churchill 😉
"Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune , or to take arms against a sea of trouble ,and by opposing end them "  hamlet  🎭

Martok

Quote from: bayonetbrant on December 29, 2017, 08:14:06 AM
^^^ The first time I heard that song was on the radio, as I was driving thru Memphis on my way home from my freshman year of college.
O0

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Staggerwing

Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Emeraldlis

Great song from The Who :)

Nice slow dance song from the Beatles :)

undercovergeek

wow, id forgoten about that - read some weird ass conspiracy theory tosh over christmas, and one of them is that McCartney is dead and has been for years - the band liked to take the piss out of its fans about it and this is one of the theorists piece of evidence - he has no shoes on because hes an angel

MetalDog

Are you really hearing about this for the first time?  There was a big deal back in the late 60's that, "Paul is dead."  There are dozens of clues scattered throughout album covers and songs.  Just from the pic you are seeing on the back of Abbey Road, the clues are:  1) the license plate on the VW Beetle says 28If in reference to how old Paul would be if he had lived, 2) each of the Beatles the way they are dressed signifies something, George is in denim which makes him the grave digger, Paul is in a suit and no shoes, which makes him the corpse (and the no shoes is because they don't bury corpses with shoes), Ringo is dressed in black which makes him a pallbearer, and John is dressed in white, which makes him the preacher, 3)  Paul is out of step with the other three Beatles, which further signifies he is dead because if he wasn't, all four Beatles would be in step.

There are boatloads more references in songs and other album covers.  I know quite a few more if you are interested.

trailrunner

Yeah, back in the days of turntables, we used to spin them backwards to hear Paul talking from the grave.

Emeraldlis

Quote from: undercovergeek on December 31, 2017, 09:29:02 AM
wow, id forgoten about that - read some weird ass conspiracy theory tosh over christmas, and one of them is that McCartney is dead and has been for years - the band liked to take the piss out of its fans about it and this is one of the theorists piece of evidence - he has no shoes on because hes an angel

I think someone needs to tell Paul he's dead then , because he seems to think he's very much alive ! #:-) that's one of the craziest things I've heard  :wow: next they'll be saying Elvis was standing in for Lennon .....when they were both dead !  ::)

Quote from: MetalDog on December 31, 2017, 09:36:27 AM

There are boatloads more references in songs and other album covers.  I know quite a few more if you are interested.

I wouldn't mind having a good chuckle at knowing the rest of this "theory"  ;D do go on MD ....I'm all ears   ???

bayonetbrant

Quote from: Emeraldlis on December 31, 2017, 09:54:20 AM
I think someone needs to tell Paul he's dead then , because he seems to think he's very much alive ! #:-)

He's an LMD....
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

MetalDog

Here's some more off the top of my head:

1) The other side of Abbey Road, you can vaguely see a skull faced shape in the dappled shadows

2) If you turn the Magical Mystery Tour album upside down, the stars in the album title supposedly reveal a phone number you could call to get details of Paul's death

3) The song I Am the Walrus is an ode to Paul.  The walrus in some native northern societies is considered a symbol of death

4) In the song Glass Onion, John sings the lines, 'I told you 'bout Strawberry Fields, the place where nothing is real, well here's another clue for you all, the walrus was Paul'

5) Speaking of Strawberry Fields, if you crank the volume during the outro, you can hear John supposedly say, 'I buried Paul.'  When asked about it, John swears he is saying, 'cranberry sauce.'

6)  Acknowledging trailrunner's post above, if you play Revolution Number 9 backwards, you supposedly hear, 'Turn me on dead man.'

7)  The cover of Yesterday and Today, Paul is sitting in a trunk.  If you turn the cover on it's side, it makes Paul appear to be in repose in a casket.

8 ) The song, A Day in the Life, contains the line, 'He blew his mind out in a car,' which is a supposed reference to how he died.

Those are all just off the top of my head.  There's more, but I'll let you look them up yourself.