"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

bob48

I have to come back at ya with this one;

'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

Staggerwing

Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

MetalDog

Any time you wanna play me some Zeppelin, I will listen.  A song, I think, that would be a hit on the radio, even today.

And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

bob48

^Amen, brother!

+100

.....oh, did I ever mention that I saw led Zep live in 1969?  ::)

'Clip those corners'

Steelgrave

Quote from: MetalDog on September 29, 2018, 12:31:16 PM
For my friend, Steelie.

Awww, you're the man, Dawg! I do love me some Joe Walsh   O0 O0 O0

Steelgrave

Quote from: bob48 on September 30, 2018, 10:41:46 AM
.....oh, did I ever mention that I saw led Zep live in 1969?  ::)

Bawb, when the question is "what was the first live concert you ever attended", I usually win the conversation hands-down considering my answer is.....Elvis.

But brother, if anyone might have a better card to play than Elvis, it's you. Let's hear it, Bawb.

bob48

Oh, blimey - I'm honestly not sure. I did see a few who were only to become 'famous' later, and many who were well know at the time but then faded into obscurity. I'll have to have a good think about that. I certainly remember seeing T-Rex when they were called 'Tyrannosaurus Rex, and were an acoustic duo. Also, being in a band myself, we sometime played support to groups who were well known at the time but long since disappeared - such as 'Simon Dupree and the Big Sound'.

It was also often the case that i would miss seeing some bands because we ourselves were playing.

Its all been a long time ago.

'Clip those corners'

Steelgrave

Luv ya, Bawb, but I'm claiming the top of the mountain with Elvis until knocked off   O0

As a matter of trivia and simple oddness, Elvis was also the first concert my Mom attended, back in the fifties when he was young Elvis, not fat Elvis. As a further matter of trivia, Elvis lives in my basement and is about to eat me out of house and home. One of these statements may not be true.  :-"

MetalDog

Much as I love Zeppelin, I never heard a live recording I liked.  Even remotely.  I did see Plant twice.  He played a little Zeppelin the second time, but, his high register twas shot even back then, ca. ~ '89.

bob48

Quote from: Steelgrave on September 30, 2018, 05:54:40 PM
Luv ya, Bawb, but I'm claiming the top of the mountain with Elvis until knocked off   O0

As a matter of trivia and simple oddness, Elvis was also the first concert my Mom attended, back in the fifties when he was young Elvis, not fat Elvis. As a further matter of trivia, Elvis lives in my basement and is about to eat me out of house and home. One of these statements may not be true.  :-"

I admit defeat, Steelie - I can't top that  :notworthy:

'Clip those corners'

Steelgrave

I'm not greedy, Bawb. If you want to let Elvis live in your basement, I'll put him on a plane  :coolsmiley:

bob48

I thought he was driving a bus on the moon?

'Clip those corners'

Steelgrave

Pretty sure that's Pink Floyd, my friend. I will say Elvis was paying rent until they closed the K-Mart he was working at. What we need here in Oklahoma is an S-Mart, I think. And maybe less of my cross-posting multi geek references.   O0

MetalDog

Just heard this on a random Spotify playlist.  Forgot how much I dug it until right that second.