Main Menu

Rome II

Started by JudgeDredd, June 10, 2013, 04:28:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nefaro

Quote from: Gusington on August 23, 2013, 01:12:48 PM
Wouldn't you know it, the Seleucids have just been announced as free DLC: www.twcenter.net.

Bison wins.

It also says the first DLC will be the Black Sea nomads!

Quote..and the announcement of the first paid for DLC - the Nomadic Tribes Culture Pack featuring the Royal Scythians, Roxolani and Massagetae.

Those will be the way to go if you want to play very horse-centric nomads.  :D  I'm surprised they're including more than just the Scythians.  I'd like to see the Roxolani, most notably, although the Scythians were the ones who had more run-ins with the Greeks & Romans since they were closer.

Martok

Quote from: Staggerwing on August 23, 2013, 06:44:46 PM
Did he do the tutorial narration for the original MTW?

NM the question. IMDB says it was Sean Pertwee.
Correct.  I believe Blessed did do the narration for the RTW mini-expansion Alexander, however. 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

Gusington

I somehow missed the Scythians. Awesome indeed. Who to pick first???

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Bison

Quote from: Gusington on August 23, 2013, 01:12:48 PM
Wouldn't you know it, the Seleucids have just been announced as free DLC: www.twcenter.net.

Bison wins.

WOOT!  I feel so smart!  I will crush them with my legions!

Gusington

There is no way I am playing as the Romans first with all these other exotic factions to play.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Bison

Well I wonder if it'll have the same mechanic as the original where you had to be the game first as the Julii faction before the rest were unlocked.

Martok

Quote from: Gusington on August 23, 2013, 08:32:00 PM
There is no way I am playing as the Romans first with all these other exotic factions to play.
I'm still a little torn.  While Greek civilization has long held a fascination for me, I like the Romans as well.  In addition, it's hard to not be tempted to play as them, given all the love they've obviously received in this game. 

Quote from: Bison on August 23, 2013, 08:34:23 PM
Well I wonder if it'll have the same mechanic as the original where you had to be the game first as the Julii faction before the rest were unlocked.
That had better not be the case!  Jesus H, but that pissed me off in the original RTW. 

I can understand perhaps needing to first play that story-driven tutorial campaign they keep mentioning/showing, but frankly I would expect even that to be optional. 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

Bison

iirc in STW2 the story driven part of the campaign could be skipped after a certain point in the play through.

Gusington

I'll play the tutorial first. But when I start my first real campaign I really hope I am not forced to play one faction to unlock the others.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Bison

Honestly I think my brother and I are going to play a Greek co-op game and conquer the world with our Hellenistic armies.  Prior to that I will play Rome and subject the world to Roman authority!

Gusington

My initial choice was Sparta but with these other goodies newly announced...I just don't know. Parthia...yummy.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Bison

I like to crush eastern empires.   

Gusington

I like to play them and trample Westerners into dust.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Bison

Quote from: Gusington on August 23, 2013, 09:09:44 PM
I like to play them and trample Westerners into dust.

What?  NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PanzersEast

Death to the Green Skins..... we need Warhammer Total War.....

PE