Main Menu

Rome II

Started by JudgeDredd, June 10, 2013, 04:28:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gusington

I'll deal with Carthage once I get my funds in order and then wipe them out. Like you said in one of your games they are a paper tiger...they are in mine too but public order kept me from rolling over them.

OK so tax exemption, temples, and soldiers for pacification...time to really crack some barbarian skulls and bring light to a dark world :)

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Bison

Quote from: Gusington on September 18, 2013, 09:11:16 PM
I'll deal with Carthage once I get my funds in order and then wipe them out. Like you said in one of your games they are a paper tiger...they are in mine too but public order kept me from rolling over them.

OK so tax exemption, temples, and soldiers for pacification...time to really crack some barbarian skulls and bring light to a dark world :)

Now that's what I'm talking about Willis!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I will say that the rebels really seem to be overly disruptive for the major powers.  In my game, Carthage and Egypt both were taken out by rebels.  I just don't think the rebel mechanic is working as designed in this regard.

Gusington

Well it worked tonight in a short one hour session. I'll have more time to really push forward, wipe out the Frescii and then reinforce my position tomorrow. I can't help but wonder if the game would be easier playing a barbarian faction like the Iceni without such a huge historical footprint to fill.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

mikeck

Gus, first, if you are planning on keeping the city, don't loot it. Second, the 25 point conquest penalty is only for one turn. Exempt the province from taxes and station am army there. If it doesn't have a temple, wreck one of the buildings there and build one. Also, out a "champion" outside the city and deploy him. He can increase order by around 7-10 points.
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

Sir Slash

Agree with the above and sometimes recruiting a new agent or General with Public Order boosts can help. The trouble with holding taxes for a whole region until red faces turn green is it slows development a lot. I manage to save a little cash after a battle by disbanding mercenaries as their upkeep cost is often huge and there always seem to be plenty around to buy for the next fight. Also if you own an entire province, use the province edicts to boost public order. I miss not being able to hold taxes on individual cities like in other TW games though. >:(
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

LongBlade

Quote from: mikeck on September 18, 2013, 09:32:18 PM
Gus, first, if you are planning on keeping the city, don't loot it. Second, the 25 point conquest penalty is only for one turn. Exempt the province from taxes and station am army there. If it doesn't have a temple, wreck one of the buildings there and build one. Also, out a "champion" outside the city and deploy him. He can increase order by around 7-10 points.

Great advice. I hadn't thought of razing existing buildings to create a temple.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Labbug

As Rome I have had a Civil War declared.  Has anyone had this happen to them and is there a way to prevent this from happening?

LongBlade

Quote from: Labbug on September 18, 2013, 11:25:18 PM
As Rome I have had a Civil War declared.  Has anyone had this happen to them and is there a way to prevent this from happening?

Sorry, I haven't seen it.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Bison

You will go into a civil war once your % of control of the Senate reaches a certain break point.  I have not had a civil war, but from what I've read on other forums it happens around the 70% threshold.  I'm not sure if it is ultimately preventable, but you can delay it by doing things to maintain a lower level of Senate influence.

Gusington

Thanks guys...on top of the other things I had not thought to use champions.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Nefaro

The one time I played as Rome, my Senate Influence just kept going down down down.  Which is a common trend when all your family generals die off so fast and you have to pay Influence to get new ones.

Does anyone know if there is supposed to be another beta or regular update starting this week?  I see jack & shit in the beta opt-in.

Gusington

I've read that there is a third patch n beta right now.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Labbug

Quote from: Bison on September 19, 2013, 08:02:02 AM

You will go into a civil war once your % of control of the Senate reaches a certain break point.  I have not had a civil war, but from what I've read on other forums it happens around the 70% threshold.  I'm not sure if it is ultimately preventable, but you can delay it by doing things to maintain a lower level of Senate influence.

Thanks, I have not been watching my Senate influence.  I will have to find where you do that. 

Bison

It's on your people screen.  Click on yor faction symbol on the bottom of the ui.

MengJiao

I had a Civil War back in my Easy Egypt days.  The "Nobles" turned out two good armies and two good fleets at my capital in Alexandria.  It looked like a tough situation for Easy Egypt and maybe it was or maybe not since I destroyed the Nobles in a few crafty strategic moves and two spectacular battles.  One battle was easily the best sea fight I've ever seen in a game:  the Nobles had two well-supported double-tower Octeres and I had one and plenty of naval artillery.  Luckily the Nobles arrived in two sections and I was able to sweep around with relatively fast ram-and-melee ships and plow a mess of tangled ships into the path of the second group delaying it just long enough to get the ram-and- melee bunch disengaged and on a roll.  I lost about 50% of my ships, but they lost more like 80% and another of my fleets hunted down the remains of the Nautical Nobles.  The big land battle looked close for a bit, but with African elephants stampeeding down the middle and concealed cavalry coming over one side and concealed archers hitting the other, the Nobles-by-land went down fast.

Those were the days.  Now I sit sobbing in Carthage with little bits of Normal Carthage spread all over the Western Med.