Main Menu

Rome II

Started by JudgeDredd, June 10, 2013, 04:28:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gusington

I've never tried it and never even thought to do it until this thread, but it may drive me insane if I tried.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Con

Any suggestions on how to skip the prologue

Its freezing up on me at the point where I have to end the turn (II chapter i think).

I had played it to the third chapter then decided to install the new mod I read about here and monkeyed with the graphics.  Well I screwed up lost a couple of key battles and decided it was time to restart.  So i deleted the autosave file and restarted the prologue.

Played through the first chapter again and now it is stuck at the point where you press end turn to advance to the next section in the prologue.  I see the grand campaign map with the birds flying but it just doesnt advance.  I uninstalled the mods and now it gets stuck on the loading screen of when I press continue the campaign.

I have no desire to play the prologue a third time so would prefer to just be able to skip it and start playing one of the other factions with the mod installed

Any suggestions?

Thanks
Con

undercovergeek

If i understand you correctly, just start a grand campaign from the start menu

Gusington

Also try verifying your game cache in Steam. Some files may have become discombobulated with the mods and tweaks.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Con

Quote from: undercovergeek on January 10, 2014, 05:26:15 AM

So all the factions are unlocked from the start?  I recall that you had to always play the tutorials with Total War in order to open the battles and other factions.  This is no longer true?

Thanks
Conrad

Bison

Quote from: Con on January 10, 2014, 09:16:16 AM
Quote from: undercovergeek on January 10, 2014, 05:26:15 AM

So all the factions are unlocked from the start?  I recall that you had to always play the tutorials with Total War in order to open the battles and other factions.  This is no longer true?

Thanks
Conrad

I don't remember honestly.   I played the tutorial and then started up a game as Sparta.

undercovergeek

I went straight into carthage.... iirc it's all unlocked, I could certainly pick Rome, carthage, Sparta, Egypt I forget who else

Sir Slash

I couldn't finish the prolog either and just jumped into a campaign but that was before any mods had come-out. Not all the factions are playable from the start but there is a mod that unlocks that. The game's great but it gets a lot more fun when you really start to expand and bump-up against some of the larger powers. I'll confess to understanding almost nothing going on it the political part of the game.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

TheCommandTent

Ok dumb question here.  Is it easy to switch back and forth between mods from Steam Workshop?
"No wants, no needs, we weren't meant for that, none of us.  Man stagnates if he has no ambition, no desire to be more than he is."

mikeck

Quote from: TheCommandTent on January 10, 2014, 04:56:22 PM
Ok dumb question here.  Is it easy to switch back and forth between mods from Steam Workshop?

Sure, just install and uninstall whatever mods you need for a particular save game. I wouldn't get too cute with it though...just asking for issues
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

undercovergeek

mod manager comes with steam - when you click on the game the mods you are using are at the bottom of the start up screen, all with a little green box to switch them on and off

bob48

I've not modded Rome II. Any recommendations as to the best 'all-rounder'?
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

undercovergeek

i think were all decided on Radious for vanilla fixes but for hard core improvements and grogginess - Divide et Impera

TheCommandTent

Quote from: undercovergeek on January 10, 2014, 06:11:45 PM
mod manager comes with steam - when you click on the game the mods you are using are at the bottom of the start up screen, all with a little green box to switch them on and off

Well if that is the case I should even be able to figure that out
"No wants, no needs, we weren't meant for that, none of us.  Man stagnates if he has no ambition, no desire to be more than he is."

Gusington

When you load the game up, before it actually engages you will get a box that contains red boxes. The mod manager is one of those red boxes. It works similar to the mod manager in Civ V.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd