Main Menu

Rome II

Started by JudgeDredd, June 10, 2013, 04:28:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

undercovergeek

Quote from: Gusington on January 22, 2014, 08:34:52 AM
Ok at least its not just me being inept :)
Looks like I have some tinkering to do with DEI. Like TCT says above, I also don't like the combat as much...can't really put my finger on why.

have you tried it with the one on one animations disabled?

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

mikeck

I love the combat,a only because the game is so tough and replenishment takes so long, that you want to be very careful about using troops.
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

Gusington

That is just one big reason of many why it was a bad idea for me to go to war when i did, with who I did. I pretty much have to restart. If I can get the 4th piece of DEI I will try again. If not, it gives me a good excuse to start a Radious campaign.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

Looks like the Woad is Wonger and Wuffer than you thought? I've never gotten past the Caldones in my Iceni campaign either. Why can't we be friends? Do you HAVE to have my head on a stake outside your tent? ;D
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

MengJiao

Quote from: Sir Slash on January 22, 2014, 03:44:35 PM
Looks like the Woad is Wonger and Wuffer than you thought? I've never gotten past the Caldones in my Iceni campaign either. Why can't we be friends? Do you HAVE to have my head on a stake outside your tent? ;D

I believe I never fought the Caldones in my (normal vanilla) Iceni campaign.  since then I've been the Nervi in the expansion and Pontus and Rome so I don't remember all that much about my days as a normal vanilla Iceni.

Yskonyn

What is this blasphemy called Radious, Gus!? Aren't you all about authenticity and all?
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Gusington

Listen to me...I made a mistake and warmongered on my Caledonian brethren. It was a critical error that I regret!

More importantly, I got the 4th part of the DEI mod to load and activate. So now the question is...do I continue the back and forth of my current, probably doomed campaign, restart a DEI campaign as Iceni, or start a new Radious campaign?

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Steelgrave

Quote from: Sir Slash on January 22, 2014, 03:44:35 PM

LOL! Nice.....

undercovergeek

Quote from: Gusington on January 22, 2014, 05:54:46 PM
Listen to me...I made a mistake and warmongered on my Caledonian brethren. It was a critical error that I regret!

More importantly, I got the 4th part of the DEI mod to load and activate. So now the question is...do I continue the back and forth of my current, probably doomed campaign, restart a DEI campaign as Iceni, or start a new Radious campaign?

go out in a blaze of glory against the Caledonians

TheCommandTent

Quote from: undercovergeek on January 23, 2014, 03:51:48 AM
Quote from: Gusington on January 22, 2014, 05:54:46 PM

go out in a blaze of glory against the Caledonians

+1
"No wants, no needs, we weren't meant for that, none of us.  Man stagnates if he has no ambition, no desire to be more than he is."

Gusington

Continues more last night. I managed to out maneuver two Caledonian armies, retake the city they took from me, and put my wider region back together. I promptly declared a bread and games edict to revive my sagging morale and began to build up the maximum number of armies I am alotted...four. If I can continue to build up militarily and develop some additional military techs, I will use my highest ranked general to lead the charge and destroy the Caledonians. If not...blaze of glory it is.

Oh and DEI is working well, no crashes since I put in the new update.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

undercovergeek

see - massive sense of accomplishment upon victory - youll be glad you did - starting Radious has got cheat/restart all over it

dont go down in my estimation - i admire you so much!!

Gusington

Thing is, in this mod it seems like I really have to think a lot, and that hurts.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

undercovergeek

lol - you dont want it too easy - at least some challenge