Main Menu

Rome II

Started by JudgeDredd, June 10, 2013, 04:28:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gusington

Armenia has captured my imagination. As mentioned above they are an eastern faction, tough to play, they have cataphracts and other armored horse, and have some western features too.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

GDS_Starfury

in the modern world however.... never trust an Armenian is business.   >:(
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

Silent Disapproval Robot

Seriously?  Isn't this the same kind of crap they used to say about your people too? >:(

mikeck

I thought it was "never trust a Sicilian when death is on the line"
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

GDS_Starfury

Quote from: Silent Disapproval Robot on October 04, 2014, 11:04:54 PM
Seriously?  Isn't this the same kind of crap they used to say about your people too? >:(

we will at least give you 15% or better return before we pull the rug out from under you.  ;)

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

GDS_Starfury

Id sooner trust a long lost Nigerian Prince relative who wants to give me money because we're family then an Armenian.

Staggerwing

Dude, we have Armenian Grogs here. At least one is on the Varsity Team. Maybe two...
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

undercovergeek

15 turns in, taken the one missing province to unite Armenia which involved kicking out Cappadocia - they called on Anthonys Rome but he refused. Ive secured the north with non aggression pacts leaving really Parthia and its satrapies but theyre all south and south west.

My main army is heading there now, the biggest problem i have is i cant recruit any units, i have level 2 towns but i cant see any actual 'recruitment' buildings, theres armour, stables, and i have built infantry tents but theres no actual infantry to recruit so i have the starting spearmen and a shit load of mercenary axemen - usual spartan tactic, clog everyone up with spears and run round the back with the axemen and general - nasty so far but id like to recruit troops to keep the costs down

undercovergeek

ok scrap that - i have killed Rome II, no grand campaign or EE campaign will allow me to recruit units - deleted all mods as opposed to switching them off, problem is the actual data is sat in the games data folder and is indistinguishable from the vanilla stuff - reinstall time - le sigh

and then ARMENIA, hooray

Gusington

Star wtf - cut it out with the blanket statements.

Geek - are you up and running yet?

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Martok

Quote from: mikeck on October 04, 2014, 07:01:43 PM
Why do all you guys love to play Armenia? Do they have certain units you like? Seems to be very popular and originally, a highly requested playable faction
Not that it's terribly relevant, but Armenia was a playable faction for the XL mod in the original MTW/VI as well.  It too was tough to play, as it was completely surrounded by vastly more powerful factions (the Seljuk Turks and Fatamid Caliphate, with the Byzantine Empire nearby).  Similar to the other Total War titles, the Armenia faction in the XL mod also had a mixed Western/Eastern position/outlook, plus an eclectic unit roster. 

Armenia was maybe *too* tough in that mod, actually -- I remember I got thoroughly stomped the dozen or so times I tried playing as them -- but if you enjoyed a challenge, then they were definitely the faction to play.  8) 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

undercovergeek

Quote from: Gusington on October 05, 2014, 11:07:02 AM
Star wtf - cut it out with the blanket statements.

Geek - are you up and running yet?

all good, reinstalled and thankfully somewhere the campaign is archived so im straight back up again - ive destroyed my deadly enemy the Magna M.....(?), they had 2 provinces south east of Armenia, that leaves the other 2 regions owned by Parthia themselves - theres a massive walled town and a small coastal town.

Parthia are spamming agents out of the big one, my main army just had four spies poison their provisions.

Just took the main, walled city, hope that helps with the agents but theres a hell of a lot of Parthia left

GDS_Starfury

Sorry, something struck a nerve last night.

Nefaro

I started a new game as Armenia.  Hadn't played in a few months. 

All was going well until around turn 6 when I opened my faction overview window.  That caused it to practically freeze up, including my Windows OS.  Had to Alt+F9 out of the game because it was so unresponsive and restart the computer.  >:(

I had a couple such freezes caused by the UI happen before, but that was back near release.  Been awhile since it did that.  It happened rather quickly too.  :buck2:

sandman2575

It sounds like most of y'all are playing vanilla rather than one of the big overhaul mods like Radious or DEI.  Has vanilla gotten that good? 

I haven't touched Rome II in months--mostly liked it a lot, but definitely did not like the breakneck pace of the combat, with even large engagements wrapped up in a tidy 10-15 minutes, and couldn't play without DEI installed --