Kindle Fires Are 54% of Android Tablet Sales

Started by LongBlade, April 30, 2012, 05:04:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LongBlade

An interesting bit of trivia - Kindle Fires now make up 54% of all Android Tablet sales.

Article here: http://tech.fortune.cnn.com/2012/04/27/kindle-fire-owns-android-market/?hpt=hp_bn11
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

MIGMaster

I was reading that on my Playbook ! I wish those assholes would get their butts in gear and make the leap to Canuck land ! I'd buy one in a minute, then I'll buy a nook and pretty soon I have all the tablets - Mu HA HA HAH HA!

LongBlade

I can't understand why they don't open up access to Canada for the Fire.

Best I figure is it's internal politics. The Canadian marketing folks probably have a budget and they're supposed to make X dollars with it. If some of those are selling books, but selling them in the US, then the Canadians aren't getting credit.

That's what I figure; there's no good reason for it not to happen. Just some bad reasons because of the way budgets and rewards are structured.

Mr. Bigglesworth

Probably due to the Quebec demand that everything be in French. If they cant keep up their data in both languages the language police come after them. The whole rest of the country suffers.
"Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more; "
- Shakespeare's Henry V, Act III, 1598

LongBlade

Quote from: Mr. Bigglesworth on April 30, 2012, 07:08:46 PM
Probably due to the Quebec demand that everything be in French. If they cant keep up their data in both languages the language police come after them. The whole rest of the country suffers.

<chuckle>

I never thought of that.

MIGMaster

Quebec is always fuckin' up something ! Don't get me started !!!!!!

Staggerwing

Quote from: LongBlade on April 30, 2012, 05:04:40 PM
An interesting bit of trivia - Kindle Fires now make up 54% of all Android Tablet sales.

Article here: http://tech.fortune.cnn.com/2012/04/27/kindle-fire-owns-android-market/?hpt=hp_bn11

The Kindle2 should be out soon. I actually sent my K1 back because Amazon pissed me off. I bought it and three weeks later there was a fifty dollar drop in price (same refurb units as I bought) and Amazon wouldn't honor the price change. I said to the spokes person "So you're gonna make me return it so I can buy a new one at the lower price, hoping I won't just keep my refund and get something else instead?" " Yes, that's what we have to do." said she.  ::) Well, I kept the refund and I'll see what else, Kindle2 or otherwise, catches my fancy this summer. Phooey on them. :P Meanwhile, I have my Precious iPad  :)

Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Shelldrake

I am waiting for the Asus TF300 to be released later this month. I think that this might be the tablet for me!  :)

http://www.staples.ca/ENG/Catalog/cat_sku.asp?CatIds=65%2C66,3008&webid=756064&affixedcode=WW
"Just because something is beyond your comprehension doesn't mean it is scientific."

Dean Edell

OJsDad

Quote from: MIGMaster on April 30, 2012, 05:07:17 PM
I was reading that on my Playbook ! I wish those assholes would get their butts in gear and make the leap to Canuck land ! I'd buy one in a minute, then I'll buy a nook and pretty soon I have all the tablets - Mu HA HA HAH HA!

MIG, can you get a Nook tablet in Canada?
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

MIGMaster

I thought you could - I never tried..... Well now.... there is something for me to explore!

Shelldrake

Quote from: MIGMaster on May 01, 2012, 12:30:02 PM
I thought you could - I never tried..... Well now.... there is something for me to explore!

Barnes & Noble won't ship to Canada but this BC outfit stocks and sells the Nook Color plus most other e-readers!

http://www.shopereaders.com/
"Just because something is beyond your comprehension doesn't mean it is scientific."

Dean Edell

OJsDad

Quote from: MIGMaster on May 01, 2012, 12:30:02 PM

You may want to.  The thing with Kindle, is that it relys on you having constant interet access to access their cloud services that store your movies and music.  Nook doesn't.  That the great thing about the SD card slot.  We copied all of our CD and DVD and then can place them on the SD card to take with us when we go, no internet access needed.  If you want to rent movies, Netflix and Hulu Plus apps come pre loaded.  And you can get others like Showtime, Fandango, Upstream, and many others.  On the music side, Pandora comes pre loaded.
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

GJK

My girlfriend was all set to get a Kindle Fire for me for my birthday.  I said "what a moment" and I did some research and then we went to Best Buy.  On the 23rd of April, they dropped the price of the Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 to $249. 

http://tinyurl.com/7svul23
Clip your freaking corners!
----------------------
Blood Bowl on VASSAL - Ask me about it! http://garykrockover.com/BB/
----------------------
"Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life, son."

-Dean Vernon Wormer