Crew member killed by accidental discharge on set of Alec Baldwin movie

Started by al_infierno, October 22, 2021, 01:42:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CptHowdy

If there were already incidents prior to this then why on earth would anyone believe a gun was safe without triple checking it?  #:-) boggles the mind

Jarhead0331

Quote from: CptHowdy on October 24, 2021, 06:08:07 AM
If there were already incidents prior to this then why on earth would anyone believe a gun was safe without triple checking it?  #:-) boggles the mind

Humans.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Pete Dero

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on October 24, 2021, 06:52:47 AM

Humans.

Not everybody has the knowledge.  If you handed me a gun I could check it 10 times and I still wouldn't know if it was safe or if it was loaded with a real bullet.
The result is that if you gave me a gun I wouldn't point it at anyone, but if I were an actor I would have to trust the people around me.  I assume that playing it safe and pointing the gun in the air or at the ground wouldn't look good on camera.

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Pete Dero on October 24, 2021, 08:10:57 AM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on October 24, 2021, 06:52:47 AM

Humans.

Not everybody has the knowledge.  If you handed me a gun I could check it 10 times and I still wouldn't know if it was safe or if it was loaded with a real bullet.
The result is that if you gave me a gun I wouldn't point it at anyone, but if I were an actor I would have to trust the people around me.  I assume that playing it safe and pointing the gun in the air or at the ground wouldn't look good on camera.

Yes. Not everyone has the knowledge. But the chief armorer on a set responsible for the, you know, arms, should have the knowledge. While anyone who handles a weapon has an obligation to make sure it is safe, the lion's share of culpability here appears to fall on the armorer, not on Baldwin.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18