Vassal opponent?

Started by DicedT, February 18, 2012, 09:56:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LongBlade

Quote from: DicedT on February 23, 2012, 09:58:15 PM
Instead of chatting over the forum, we're going to need an email list.

Michael

If we get enough interest I'd be glad to sticky the topic so folks can concentrate on on thread.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

DicedT

That's a great idea, Longblade.

I think we'll also need an email list just to contact each other during the game. I did a bit of RPG-ing over Skype. There's always someone who can't connect on Skype, so the email is a backup.

Michael

LongBlade

Barthheart

LongBlade

Captain General

I'm playing Paths of Glory with an old buddy of mine on Vassal.

We use Skype (run it in the background while the game board is on screen) while we play and it's just like we're sitting across the table from each other.  We usually do one turn per session and then save until next time.

I really like it.

Barthheart

Quote from: bayonetbrant on February 23, 2012, 01:47:01 PM
I can do 12-1 EST (not sure Mike's out of bed by then!) but not 'til next week :)

Brant are you free this week at lunch? I can do every day except Friday.

Mike and I might try War at Sea tonight between 7 and 8 EST.

You'll need to download this installer if you haven't already:
http://www.vassalengine.org/releases/VASSAL-3.1.17-windows.exe

I'm still using ver. 3.1.17 because there seem to be problems with the newest ver. and some modules.

Then you'll need the Tank on Tank module itself. Send me an email and I'll send you the very latest version I haven't posted yet. It will be good to test it with another player.

I keep all my modules in folders under the same directory as the VASSAL program.

bayonetbrant

Can do WED or THU. TUE I'm out most of the day.

I will try to get stuff installed tomorrow tho, and maybe we take a swing at it on Wednesday?
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Barthheart

Barthheart

Argh! I have to cancel today's tryout. I have a meeting that starts at 11:30 am.

Maybe next week after dinner some night? My wife is out of town starting Tuesday my nights are free until Sunday.

bayonetbrant

Bummer!

I'll have to let you know about next week.  We leave on WED for Detroit for a few days.  Bayonet Jr is playing in the national finals for his age bracket in indoor soccer, so I'm on the road w/ family most of that week.

Like I said, w/ 'dad' duties taking up most of my evenings (not to mention unpacking a house!) I'm easier to reach in the daytime than evenings :)
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Barthheart

If you still want to give it a try we can go right now! Meeting ran short for a change!! :o

Barthheart

Just posted an updated module for Tankon Tank to the VASSAL website.

Let me know if yer free this week at lunch to give it a go.

Barthheart

Here on BGG is a great bunch of tutorial videos on how setup and use VASSAL:

http://boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/123628/i-want-to-learn-how-to-use-vassal-but-i-dont-kno

These are way better than what I was going to post.

bayonetbrant

This week is no good for me - we're on the road starting WED for Bayonet Jr's soccer tournament.

Later part of next week should work for me.  Dunno 'bout DicedT, tho :)