Strategic War at sea

Started by crowdrake, December 28, 2021, 05:15:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crowdrake

you guys may like to know Im doing a naval game as my new project, its looking like its going to be a good one, I am thinking a WitPAE type game, I am working on the supply lines as we speak, just about to add auto convoys, I have objectives for A.I. done, and you can put any of your ships under A.I. control. I have not done air yet but the work im doing will be a kind of template to add planes, so im not behind on air.

https://iamnumber4.itch.io/strategic-sea-war-when-allies-go-bad

no download yet, this is an announcement.

crowdrake

added zomm and Auto convoy, added unit artwork for different zoom levels.

crowdrake

just building combat system, all is going well A.I. looks good

crowdrake

first official download free for windows

https://iamnumber4.itch.io/strategic-sea-war-when-allies-go-bad

crowdrake

added save load, and updated combat system, alls left is to update the tiles

crowdrake

Toonces

This looks really neat.  Have you thought of making games like this that will work on Android like Kindle Fire?  I'm unlikely to play something like this on my PC where I have games that are similar, but I'd definitely play this on a tablet.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

crowdrake

Quote from: Toonces on January 02, 2022, 03:46:52 PM
This looks really neat.  Have you thought of making games like this that will work on Android like Kindle Fire?  I'm unlikely to play something like this on my PC where I have games that are similar, but I'd definitely play this on a tablet.

thats a great thought! my compiler say it can build for android, I never thought of it untill now, but i would have to test it out on a tablet, so i need to buy one first, I can try compiling for android if you would like to test it? i dont know if the mouse control is the same, i may have to code it but it may work. im off to compile now, i will report back on its outcome.

crowdrake

No it wont build on android, maybe something to look into though.

I had a lot of error checking done , counting aircraft is now the last thing i ever want to do again :) seems to be finished. I am going to make a map editor so i can use historical maps.

crowdrake

just added extensive clickable databases to plan the war, its finished now

crowdrake

ok i tried to make a android version, but failed, but occured to me you could play on a windows tablet like a surface pro or something, i know most people wont have one but i also owned a cheap windows tablet a while back, its an idea anyway

crowdrake

ok toonces, i has got it working, but still need to test it out eg how the mouse right click and escape key, but i can build it in. but it may work ok now, just the emulator is on an ld pc to sluggish to tedt

crowdrake

https://youtu.be/dZtn3CRUGu8

ok youtube  is up

if you want the free game for Pc or android https://iamnumber4.itch.io/strategic-sea-war-when-allies-go-bad

W8taminute

Very interesting game.  I noticed that there is no sound to those videos you posted.  In any case I've got this on my watchlist.   :)
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk