Main Menu

The Troop

Started by FlickJax, January 17, 2022, 06:02:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FlickJax

Sorry if there is already a thread I did search Jar honest ;)

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1363740/

Anyone got this already?

Rayfer

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on January 17, 2022, 07:23:31 AM
Here was the original post...

http://www.grogheads.com/forums/index.php?topic=25930.0

The other thread shows many are interested in the game, but the early-access price of $39.99 gave many of us a 'let's wait and see' attitude.

FlickJax

Thanks guys, same I guess

Gusington

Sorta came out of nowhere tonight but I played two of the demo missions and fell in love with The Troop.

It's been a long time since I just randomly fired something up and liked it almost instantly...what a great feeling!

It reminds me very much of the Battle Academy games...certainly not heavy mental lifts but I had a lot of fun in the first infantry learning mission (played as British Airborne - the only choice for that first intro mission) and then the second combined arms (tanks and infantry - played as British again as commandos) mission.

Easy to grasp and fun along the way, tomorrow I will try out the next demo mission, armor vs. armor. I'm expecting that to be a lot of fun too.

I took heavy casualties in the first scenario but won, and then took no serious casualties and won the second scenario as well.

I'm not sure what the full-prices game (39.99) includes that the demo doesn't, but if it is anything significant, I will purchase this. Very much looking forward to the tank on tank demo tomorrow.

Shots below really don't show any of the graphics, apologies for that, just the end result of the two missions...will attempt to get more interesting shots tomorrow. Graphics are good.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Silent Disapproval Robot

Good luck on mission #5.  That one was brutally hard to beat.

Gusington

^Do you have the full game or the demo?

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Silent Disapproval Robot

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Gusington

Played for a few minutes tonight, first armor mission. British Stuarts vs. one German StuG  8)

The AI's aim was disturbingly accurate :/

The developer should update the tutorial officer avatar, it looks...quite odd (2nd pic)

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd