You guys should know this is possible

Started by crowdrake, January 26, 2022, 04:11:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

crowdrake

You may think it takes triple PC power to run 3 monitors, well your wrong! imagine a Flight sim , you have 3 viewsports rear side front, that would take tripple power, What a tripple monitor does is uses one viewport from the front takes the same as a single monitor, because the computer does not need to calc and render 3 views it just expands the view in one.

you will need a graphics card with multimonitor ports, and you can get cheap adapters off amazon to convert any ports to HDMI etc...

When I first tried this one monitor did not come on, I found i had to manualy swithch it on in nvidia settings. Nvidia does all the grunt work, it was very easy to setup. you can have a set of 3 32inch monitors thats 96inch display. for quite cheap if you wait for the easter sales . a single monitor is only about 48inch an is a lot more expensive, buy monitors with thin edges.

You will likely need a gaming PC, because it still takes power to run a game, but My PC is 5 years old and everthing runs.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
this is the magic bit, You will find once you enable 5720x1080 resoltion LOTS! and LOTS! of games suddendly have the resolution avalable in the games setting. have a look at my screen shots and check your games the res does not showup unless you have 3 monitors
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

crowdrake

PS: Remember its only what I have go working, you may run into problems, so try using old odd sized monitors to check first

and when your ready buy monitors of the same size, or it will look bad

W8taminute

"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

A Canadian Cat

Wow, just wow. I always figured with additional monitors you would end up with the game on one and be free for something else on the other. So, do you have to tell the game what size you have or will they figure it out automatically once you have the Nvidia drivers setup correctly.

crowdrake

its automatic, the resolution 5720x1080 just appears as an option in your game, NOT every game but lots and lots, I have had about 3 quaters of all my games allowing the new res

Pete Dero

If you would like to take it just a 'small' step further : https://youtu.be/BqGyMQRnnkg

Careful : this has a very low WAF score !   [spoiler]Wife acceptance factor -  (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wife_acceptance_factor )[/spoiler]

Do you use this setup with some kind of TrackIR or is the setup your alternative to TrackIR (if you are in to flight sims) ?

crowdrake

thats a good video, I have xplane in VR simular , BUT I have the orbix real scenery , and I have the jets etc.. but I like the 3 monitors for turnbased hex based games and FPS