Anybody here seen Richie? Want to play a game?

Started by W8taminute, July 28, 2021, 02:41:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

W8taminute

Ok guys,

Let's play a game.  While surfing YouTube this afternoon when I should have been working I got an idea for a forum game.  Quote a line out of a movie clip you just watched on YouTube and see if anyone can guess the movie.  Winner gets to post a quote for the next person to guess.  If you can get a YouTube clip of the movie scene you watched to have the same title as the quote you're quoting even better but not necessary.  Post the YouTube clip after someone gets the answer right or if everyone gives up.

I'll start...

"Anybody here seen Richie?"
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Gusington

Cool idea. I have no clue what that quote is from, though.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

W8taminute

Quote from: Gusington on July 28, 2021, 03:04:53 PM
Cool idea. I have no clue what that quote is from, though.

I'll give a hint.  It's one of those movies from the 80s for guys who love movies. 

Also I forgot to mention, one could simply google or youtube the quote but if you are truly a movie buff you wouldn't need to do that right?   8)

IOW let's try to keep it honest.   :)
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Gusington

I am a guy who loves the movies and the 1980s! Still no idea :/

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

W8taminute

It's from one of those series of action flicks from the era that featured a lot of bad guys getting beat up the main hero.  So think about who the big action stars were back then. 

One more hint before I give a clue that will really help narrow down the movie for you.  This is the kind of movie you wouldn't take a girlfriend to see on the first date. 

Gusington

I just Googled it and feel less badly because I have never seen the movie - and never liked this particular guy's movies. That said, The Google also mentioned that the movie is NOT from the 80s!

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

W8taminute

Oh, not from the 80s.  Well keep in mind I'm old and my memory is not what it used to be.  Yeah this is from the early 90s then.   :)

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

-budd-

A Steven Segal movie, can't remember which one. Hard to Kill? No, not that one. it's the line right before the big bar fight. AAAAA...can't remember without cheating
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

Uberhaus

QuoteThis is the kind of movie you wouldn't take a girlfriend to see on the first date.

Oh yeah, a girlfriend took me to see this on a first date!  Guess that explains why about a year later my new girlfriend and I bumped into her wearing security garb dragging along a Christmas shoplifter.  I asked her and her partner if she needed a hand, then everyone, except the shoplifter wished each other a Merry Christmas with a sly smile.

Couldn't get the quote w/o cheating, thought the response was "he's in the cadillac and/or car" but that's some other mafioso script.

W8taminute

-budd- looks like you're the closest one to guess correctly that this is from a Steven Seagal movie.  Although Uberhaus had the pleasure of seeing the movie with his girlfriend (at the time) on their first date!  Impressive. 

Here is the YouTube clip [from the movie Out for Justice] I got this from: