Main Menu

Recent posts

Computer Gaming / Re: Indie Total War-like test ...
Last post by gabe2525 - Today at 01:13:34 AM
much newer build 77 is up now btw, with many more factions, especially medieval factions, and more unit types like nights, cataphracts, elephants, slingers, crossbowmen, etc...
https://discord.com/invite/6cMrSmXbUA
https://gabe1010.itch.io/formation-tactics-game-prototype-battle
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sz7c0Iq6TOQ
Music, TV, Movies / Re: "Masters Of The Air" - fro...
Last post by ArizonaTank - Yesterday at 09:40:42 PM
Quote from: Silent Disapproval Robot on February 23, 2024, 08:59:56 AMEp 6 was pretty decent despite there being no action in the air.  Feels like the character development is really hitting its stride (even though they seem to have left off Quinn's story for quite a few episodes now).

More evidence of Spielberg really having something against the Brits, unfortunately.  Once again, they're portrayed as condescending dickheads throughout.  I also thought they went a bit overboard with their portrayal of ze Germans.  They came across more like caricatures from a Captain America comic than real people.

Still loving the series though.  I really wish they'd do something like this covering Bomber Command.

I liked Ep6 as well, and my wife got a big smile on her face when Elvis 'came back into the building.'

Interesting song choice for the montage. I approve. But it's just that Woody Guthrie's original version was a bit of a toe-tapper. In the montage, it was slow and ballad like.  Almost didn't recognize it. Here's Woody's version:

Current Events / Re: Russia's War Against Ukrai...
Last post by ArizonaTank - Yesterday at 08:37:14 PM
Quote from: Uberhaus on Yesterday at 01:23:24 PMIf that doesn't break him, nothing will.

Let hear it for jolly old Brittania!  HIP, HIP, HUZZAH!

Austin Powers strikes again.
Tabletop AARs / Re: Just Plain Goodness: Neerw...
Last post by MengJiao - Yesterday at 07:06:22 PM
Quote from: W8taminute on Yesterday at 06:36:05 PM^For some reason this game seems to me like a good learning tool.  You experimented with pushing the French attack too hard and learned some things.  The other games you've played involving naval war were also good teaching devices. 

Yes.  This game really tries hard to drive home the weirdness of late-seventeenth -- early eighteenth century warfare in Western Europe.  I'd never heard of the battle of Neerwinden before for that matter.
Organizations and Equipment / Re: Tanks!
Last post by GDS_Starfury - Yesterday at 06:59:01 PM
Leo 2a5/6
Organizations and Equipment / Re: Tanks!
Last post by W8taminute - Yesterday at 06:38:25 PM
Quote from: GDS_Starfury on February 18, 2024, 09:44:54 PM

Wait a minute...That's not a Merkava in Ukraine is it?
Current Events / Re: The Houthi Thing
Last post by W8taminute - Yesterday at 06:37:02 PM
^
^^

Good dancing there guys.  Honorable and respectful.   :cool:
Last post by W8taminute - Yesterday at 06:36:05 PM
^For some reason this game seems to me like a good learning tool.  You experimented with pushing the French attack too hard and learned some things.  The other games you've played involving naval war were also good teaching devices. 
Last post by MengJiao - Yesterday at 06:13:42 PM
Quote from: W8taminute on February 23, 2024, 09:11:10 AMNow this is gaming goodness.   :ThumbsUp:

I'm not much of an attacker against myself (solitaire).  I think I pushed the French too hard cross the board.
Around noon, everything went wrong:  the Guards got thrown out of Neerwinden, one flank was barely holding on and the
the Bavarian Cavalry smashed the whole left wing, which I thought was okay.  But no.  So I am giving up on winning
Neerwinden historically for the French.