Cthulu vs. Skynet with us in the middle: Human Resources

Started by Gusington, October 02, 2014, 07:44:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gusington

Can humanity survive two apocalypses at once? This new Kickstarter (goal: $1.4M) aims to find out:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/659943965/human-resources-an-apocalyptic-rts-game

Another idea I wish I thought of  ;D

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

RooksBailey

This is a great idea!  Just the other day I was thinking that it had been ages since somebody made a game where you could play the part of a monster that shatters a big city. 

The only downside is...kickstarter project with a massive budget for a massive undertaking.  Sadly, that boat has long since sailed for me.  When I see it at retail I will get excited.  Especially seeing how Uber did not really hit a home run with their last project. 
"As I understand from your communication, Mr. Engle, you're on the brink of self-destruction. May I shake your hand? A brilliant idea! I speak as one who has destroyed himself a score of times.  I am, Mr. Engle, a veteran corpse. We are all corpses here! This rendezvous is one of the musical graveyards of the town. Caters to zombies hopping around with dead hearts and price tags for souls." - Angels Over Broadway

GDS_Starfury

if theres no dlc playable Gus unit I dont care.
in fact, early donors should get a Gus unit free wearing a battle thong.
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

Staggerwing

The story kind of reminds me of Charles Stross' 'Laundry Files' books' CASE NIGHTMARE GREEN scenario, with added GFRs (Giant **** Robots).
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

mirth

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on October 02, 2014, 07:55:12 PM
in fact, early donors should get a Gus unit free wearing a battle thong.

Battle thong...that's genius!
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

GDS_Starfury

Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

RooksBailey

Quote from: Staggerwing on October 02, 2014, 08:07:59 PM
The story kind of reminds me of Charles Stross' 'Laundry Files' books' CASE NIGHTMARE GREEN scenario, with added GFRs (Giant **** Robots).

Now added to my reading list, thanks!   ;)  It reminds me of Larry Correia's Monster Hunter International. 
"As I understand from your communication, Mr. Engle, you're on the brink of self-destruction. May I shake your hand? A brilliant idea! I speak as one who has destroyed himself a score of times.  I am, Mr. Engle, a veteran corpse. We are all corpses here! This rendezvous is one of the musical graveyards of the town. Caters to zombies hopping around with dead hearts and price tags for souls." - Angels Over Broadway

Staggerwing

Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

sandman2575

Quote from: Gusington on October 02, 2014, 07:44:57 PM
Another idea I wish I thought of  ;D

that's a little like looking at some far-out surrealist Salvador Dali painting and thinking, "now why didn't I think of that?" -- at least in this case     ;)

Gusington

Come to think of it why didn't I think up all that Dali jazz too? -sigh-

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

panzerde

Quote from: RooksBailey on October 02, 2014, 07:54:05 PM

The only downside is...kickstarter project with a massive budget for a massive undertaking.  Sadly, that boat has long since sailed for me.  When I see it at retail I will get excited.  Especially seeing how Uber did not really hit a home run with their last project. 

Sadly, this is my approach now too. No more funding to Kickstarter or similar projects. Too many smoking craters of good ideas for me to throw money at it anymore.

I do like the idea for this and yes, immediately though of Stross' books. Would love to play it.
"This damned Bonaparte is going to get us all killed" - Jean Lannes, 1809

Castellan -  La Fraternite des Boutons Carres