Decisive Campaigns 3 - Barbarossa

Started by Zonso, September 19, 2014, 11:31:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jomni

All the posts show the axis side. Wonder how the Soviet side is in terms of decisions and immersion.

TacticalWargames

After reading the blog I have to say I'm impressed..this looks like it will ooze immersion. Also a very good engine for a WW1 game.

Rayfer

Quote from: TacticalWargames on September 23, 2014, 02:17:50 AM
After reading the blog I have to say I'm impressed..this looks like it will ooze immersion. Also a very good engine for a WW1 game.

TW....I've played the first two Decisive Campaign games but never thought to consider it as an engine for a WWI game.  You're right, it would be!

MengJiao

Quote from: jomni on September 22, 2014, 10:12:58 PM
All the posts show the axis side. Wonder how the Soviet side is in terms of decisions and immersion.

I always play Soviets and I've found that they are always under-tested and so forth so you get to do some stunning stuff since no one has ever actually play-tested most Soviet options.

I'm sure I'll get this when it comes out.

Barthheart

Quote from: Rayfer on September 23, 2014, 10:01:33 AM

TW....I've played the first two Decisive Campaign games but never thought to consider it as an engine for a WWI game.  You're right, it would be!

Take a look at this:
http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3684595

DC: WW I     :o O0

sandman2575

Holy cow that is impressive !   :o

Very much hope this mod sees the light of day. Only wish he was building it around the (much faster) DC2 engine than DC1...

Barthheart

Quote from: sandman2575 on September 24, 2014, 11:11:09 AM
Holy cow that is impressive !   :o

Very much hope this mod sees the light of day. Only wish he was building it around the (much faster) DC2 engine than DC1...

Yeah but then he'd have to recreate the map etc....

sandman2575

But isn't there a DC2 variant of the Case White scenario?

Barthheart

Is there? I hadn't heard of that.... ???

sandman2575

Pretty sure Vic included a DC2 version of Case White in DC Warsaw to Paris at some point. I think you can only play it as a single scenario, not as part of the 'full campaign' (since Case Yellow was not updated with the new engine as far as I know).

Al

Quote from: Barthheart on September 24, 2014, 10:51:30 AM
Quote from: Rayfer on September 23, 2014, 10:01:33 AM

Take a look at this:
http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3684595

DC: WW I     :o O0

That's looks really good.  He's done a lot of work.
Al