Decision Games D-Day at Omaha Computer Version

Started by Zulu1966, January 18, 2015, 01:30:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bbmike

I took the Jarhead approach and ordered this.  8)
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

Grim.Reaper

Is there anywhere this game is being discussed or screenshots provided?

bbmike

Well, gehrig38 was playing it in Vassal and if it's good enough for him then by god it's good enough for me.  :P
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

Nefaro

Quote from: bbmike on January 22, 2015, 07:25:23 PM
Well, gehrig38 was playing it in Vassal and if it's good enough for him then by god it's good enough for me.  :P

I think we chased him off with the crazy forum banter diversions.  :D

Staggerwing

Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

TacticalWargames

FarAway Sooner

I am still dieing for a review here, if anybody's played it?

Staggerwing, I'd suggest that this place ain't for the faint of heart or wit...    ;D

Zulu1966

Well decision said to me today to come back in a coupe of months and there might be a download version.
May just order in any event >:D
"you are the rule maker, the dictator, the mini- Stalin, Mao, Hitler, the emperor, generalissimo, the MAN. You may talk the talk and appear to be quite easy going to foster popularity, but to the MAN I say F*CK YOU." And Steve G is F******g rude ? Just another day on the BF forum ... one demented idiots reaction to BF disagreeing about the thickness of the armour on a Tiger II turret mantlet.

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Zulu1966 on January 23, 2015, 04:19:28 PM
Well decision said to me today to come back in a coupe of months and there might be a download version.

Are the box copies still being released soon or those in a couple of months too?

Zulu1966

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on January 23, 2015, 07:59:08 PM
Quote from: Zulu1966 on January 23, 2015, 04:19:28 PM

Are the box copies still being released soon or those in a couple of months too?

No, the box versions were due in end of last week but not sure if they arrived but they were arriving before the download which doesn't even seem a certainty at this stage
"you are the rule maker, the dictator, the mini- Stalin, Mao, Hitler, the emperor, generalissimo, the MAN. You may talk the talk and appear to be quite easy going to foster popularity, but to the MAN I say F*CK YOU." And Steve G is F******g rude ? Just another day on the BF forum ... one demented idiots reaction to BF disagreeing about the thickness of the armour on a Tiger II turret mantlet.

Zulu1966

Just a ps.

Should anyone pick this up please come back and tell us what it's like.
I am afraid the postal charges, which rack up to be almost as much as the game push this into a wait a while purchase for me.

Staggerwing

If shipping is so expensive maybe you guys over in Old Blighty should form some kind of buying club where you get a whole bunch of games on one order and then have it shipped to one person. After that you can use the local postal network or even drive over to the receiving party to get your game(s).
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Zulu1966

Quote from: Staggerwing on January 27, 2015, 03:09:46 PM
If shipping is so expensive maybe you guys over in Old Blighty should form some kind of buying club where you get a whole bunch of games on one order and then have it shipped to one person. After that you can use the local postal network or even drive over to the receiving party to get your game(s).

Yes good idea - but I think I need at least four takers before it becomes more sensible with regard postage cost then I am likely, given everything in old blighty is twice as expensive as anywhere else for some reason, to spend as much again posting it internally.

Am waiting to spring on Black sea currently and keep dropping legion Wargames Dien Bien Phu into the purchase box at the moment - so I will perhaps wait until I have those out of my system and my interminable drive to by everything even remotely a wargame kicks in before I make a purchase.

Grim.Reaper

Looks like this must be released and available since moved out of the pre order page and no longer listing estimated dates, but instead says ships within 1-2 business days....some screens now posted