Main Menu

HA! I finished it!

Started by MetalDog, February 11, 2015, 11:26:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anguille

Quote from: Martok on March 04, 2015, 01:40:21 PM
Quote from: Anguille on February 17, 2015, 05:46:40 AM
Completed a military victory in Lords of the Black Sun...was fun while it lasted (and worth the 10$ I paid for)....now going to move on to something different.
So what did you enjoy about LofBS?  Its criticisms/shortcomings are pretty well-known by this point, but how about the things it does/did well?

I bought it for about 10$ and for that price it's ok (despite the fact that there are still some bugs). I don't think i'll spend much more time than i did with the game (about 15 hours). As you know, i am a 4x addict (mostly space) and like to try them all if i can.

What i like about the game:

- Nice intro movies for each race
- Minor races
- Simple and easy battle system
- Simple and easy to manage research system.
- Galactic map with no starlanes and yet not as much micromanagement as GalCiv.
- I enjoyed the music.

If the game should get a major patch (and i do hope it does), i might consider playing some more campaigns.

Martok

Thanks Anguille.  Sounds like I'll want to wait for it to go super-cheap and/or receive another major update (hopefully it does!). 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

Anguille

Completed the campaign in Worldshift! It's been sometimes tougth but it's done...finally.

Music is excellent and i like the artwork. Didn't really understand the whole story but it was fun.

airboy

Finished a Dominions 4 game against the AI playing Early Age C'tis.

Anguille

Just had an economical victory in Endless Space...

Huw the Poo

Quote from: Anguille on March 18, 2015, 05:24:00 PM
Just had an economical victory in Endless Space...

Congrats.  It's the only bloody way to win in my opinion.  The AI can conjure up incredible fleets in late-game that I never had any hope of defeating militarily.

W8taminute

What difficulty were you playing Anguille?
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Anguille

Quote from: W8taminute on March 18, 2015, 06:20:48 PM

On *cough*very easy *cough*  ::)

After a few attempts on normal where I just couldn't get into, I've decided to play one game on very easy. It's been a good learning experience as I've researched almost everything in the tech tree and have a much better understanding of the game. So it's my first main campaign in Endless Space. The next campaign I'll play will be on normal.

Indeed, the economical victory seems the easiest (also point victory). The penalties for expansion in this game are ridiculous. Of course you can build up things to improve the morale but in a 4x game, you shouldn't have such big penalties for expansion imho. Also the fact that a military victory requires 75% of the map is just too much. I could have done it in this game but it's a very long way to go (and that with a weak AI).

undercovergeek

As huw as alluded to, when he and I played our coop game we had ai smashing fleets of awesomeness until we both came up against the last ai opponent and this guy with less money, less resources an less power was able to pump out the most unbelievable one shot fleet destroying ships ever seen

W8taminute

Quote from: Anguille on March 19, 2015, 03:10:04 AM
Quote from: W8taminute on March 18, 2015, 06:20:48 PM

On *cough*very easy *cough*  ::)

After a few attempts on normal where I just couldn't get into, I've decided to play one game on very easy. It's been a good learning experience as I've researched almost everything in the tech tree and have a much better understanding of the game. So it's my first main campaign in Endless Space. The next campaign I'll play will be on normal.

Indeed, the economical victory seems the easiest (also point victory). The penalties for expansion in this game are ridiculous. Of course you can build up things to improve the morale but in a 4x game, you shouldn't have such big penalties for expansion imho. Also the fact that a military victory requires 75% of the map is just too much. I could have done it in this game but it's a very long way to go (and that with a weak AI).

Nothing wrong with playing on very easy.  Some games demand that as you try to learn the mechanics.   ;)
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Huw the Poo

Yeah Geek, that was the Automatons wasn't it?  They were fielding cannons in the sky.  Those ships were absolutely bristling with firepower and Geek and I couldn't even figure out how you could fit so much ordnance onto one ship.

We took one look and bravely ran away!

undercovergeek

Lmao - end of campaign, ummm errr game of something else?

Arctic Blast

Far Cry 4 is in the books. Really enjoyed the game, and I'm glad that I started reading between the lines with certain characters and made the final choice that I made. I checked out the other ending possibilities on Youtube, and yikes.  :o

airboy

Quote from: airboy on March 16, 2015, 08:30:15 AM

Finished a Dominions 4 game against the AI playing Early Age Tien C'hien.

About half way through a game as Sauromatia.

airboy

Quote from: airboy on March 28, 2015, 10:19:45 AM
Quote from: airboy on March 16, 2015, 08:30:15 AM

Finished a Dominions 4 game against the AI playing Early Age Tien C'hien.

About half way through a game as Sauromatia.

Finished a game as Early Age Sauromatia.