Main Menu

HA! I finished it!

Started by MetalDog, February 11, 2015, 11:26:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MetalDog

Quote from: Sir Slash on June 01, 2015, 09:43:48 PM
Yay indeed. Congrats on the triple win MD.

Thank you, sir!  I'm debating the next course.  Either play the next map size up, Tiny, which is three of us, or, duel again and practice eliminating one guy?
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Shelldrake

Quote from: MetalDog on June 01, 2015, 09:39:23 PM
I seem to have a fondness for Persia.  The last three games I won on Monarch were all Persia.  Twice with Cyrus, once with Darius.  And they were three different types, Domination, Cultural and Conquest.  And I had never seen the short films for any of those wins.  YAY ME!

Congratulations! The taste of victory is sweet indeed!!
"Just because something is beyond your comprehension doesn't mean it is scientific."

Dean Edell

MetalDog

Thank you, sir!  And wasn't it you that was looking to do a little Civ IVing recently?  Did you ever get to that?

Shelldrake

Quote from: MetalDog on June 02, 2015, 05:50:21 PM
Thank you, sir!  And wasn't it you that was looking to do a little Civ IVing recently?  Did you ever get to that?

Never got around to it as I got hooked on AoW3. Speaking of which, I finally finished the Elven Court campaign. A couple of the scenarios took me several tries and reloads but I think I have a good grasp of the game mechanics at this point.
"Just because something is beyond your comprehension doesn't mean it is scientific."

Dean Edell

MetalDog

Well, I brought it up as I thought I would offer you a little Civ IV mp if you were interested.  But, I play AoW III as well and would mp that, too.  If you're interested.

BanzaiCat

I need to get me a copy of AoW III. Eventually.

WYBaugh

MetalDog

Quote from: Banzai_Cat on June 06, 2015, 12:05:31 PM

Yes.  Yes you do.

Quote from: WYBaugh on June 06, 2015, 12:15:58 PM
Finished GTA V

What did you think?

WYBaugh

Quote from: MetalDog on June 06, 2015, 01:21:36 PM

Yes.  Yes you do.

Quote from: WYBaugh on June 06, 2015, 12:15:58 PM
Finished GTA V

What did you think?

I really enjoyed it.  Excellent story and actors.  Trevor alone is worth the price.  Very cool story missions as well as side quests from meeting strangers and doing their bidding.

MetalDog

That just sounds wrong, "...meeting strangers and doing their bidding."  :)

Martok

Quote from: MetalDog on June 06, 2015, 01:21:36 PM

Yes.  Yes you do.
Very much seconded. 

Of course, I still gotta grab both expansions myself...  (No, I haven't done that yet.  No, I don't have a particular reason/explanation as to why.)  :-[ 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

JasonPratt

Finished Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon. No complaints except that by the end I was expecting some kind of major twist about what had been really going on the whole time -- but didn't get it -- but then kind of did, vaguely -- presumably setting up for a sequel that will never happen.  :'( :P

Other than that, well worth it as a FPS sandbox game that doesn't overstay its welcome, with a huge amount of wit, and no small amount of heart. Also, blood dragons. Which are works of genius just in themselves.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Shelldrake

Quote from: MetalDog on June 06, 2015, 10:48:41 AM
Well, I brought it up as I thought I would offer you a little Civ IV mp if you were interested.  But, I play AoW III as well and would mp that, too.  If you're interested.

Thanks for the offer MD. I will PM you when I have a block of time for a MP game.

Dean Edell

MetalDog

Excellent!  Looking forward to it :)

-budd-

Went through "HELL" at least the goodguys campaign. By went through i mean i didn't really complete it, chapter 7 i never could win, tried 4 times. 3 freezes during the campaign kinda pissed me off as i was doing well on those scenario's and never did as well on the second play through. I might try the evil  guys campaign sometime as they seemed to have cooler magical powers. What you get is heavy scripted scenarios that were pretty tough for me at least. Your usually outnumbered at least 2 to 1 most times even more. You will yell a few choice words when you play " you got to be fuc**ng kidding me, your going to drop enemy reinforcements there....NOW, F**K Y*O, or something along those lines ;D. Not to say it wasn't fun, varied units, good variety in mission goals, timely reinforcements entering the scenario at just the right or wrong time depending on your side. Most times the difficulty was fair but sometimes you will curse your ass off but it did make for some tense moments. 10 scenario campaign was about the right length, all in all i enjoyed my time in "HELL".
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.