Main Menu

HA! I finished it!

Started by MetalDog, February 11, 2015, 11:26:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BanzaiCat

I didn't know the game ended with that weak-a$$ check, hahahahahaha. That's pretty good. And "see you next week..."  :buck2:

MetalDog

Lost another one.  At least this time I was on the road to having Tier III and IV units before they smoked me.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

RooksBailey

Finished my first campaign of Invisible Inc!  Did it on the Beginner setting (modified - three rewinds instead of five, and no sight cone warnings).  Took two tries because on the first try I made the mistake of allowing a level 8 guard recover.  I didn't realize that his firewall would reboot after he recovered (I hacked it down to a manageable level 3).  When he did recover, I didn't have the power to hack it again, and he basically went on a killing spree.  LOL!  The second try was almost flawless, though.  The layout was much more conducive to a victory as the server and mainframe were adjoining each other rather than on opposite sides of the map as in the first run-through.  And I didn't make the mistake of letting that level 8 guard up again after I stunned him.   :)

I am glad to hear that Klei has decided to expand the first DLC so that it will continue the story because the campaign end was much too abrupt and not entirely clear as to why the AI did what she did.   The campaign definitely needs some clarity and more story missions! 

Now I am off on my first standard run-through with two new agents and two new starting programs. Time to swipe some stuff!  :knuppel2:  I love these turn-based cyberpunk games like Invisible Inc., Frozen Synapse and Shadowrun.  We need much more.  :)
"As I understand from your communication, Mr. Engle, you're on the brink of self-destruction. May I shake your hand? A brilliant idea! I speak as one who has destroyed himself a score of times.  I am, Mr. Engle, a veteran corpse. We are all corpses here! This rendezvous is one of the musical graveyards of the town. Caters to zombies hopping around with dead hearts and price tags for souls." - Angels Over Broadway

Shelldrake

Quote from: MetalDog on August 02, 2015, 11:36:24 AM
Lost another one.  At least this time I was on the road to having Tier III and IV units before they smoked me.

:( What difficulty level were you playing at?
"Just because something is beyond your comprehension doesn't mean it is scientific."

Dean Edell

MetalDog

Whatever Medium is.  I am not researching the spells to get to the Tier III and IV units fast enough.  I get involved in other things and think I have time until the AI declares on me and I realize I am toast.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

spelk

Quote from: RooksBailey on August 11, 2015, 02:21:43 AM
Now I am off on my first standard run-through with two new agents and two new starting programs. Time to swipe some stuff!  :knuppel2:  I love these turn-based cyberpunk games like Invisible Inc., Frozen Synapse and Shadowrun.  We need much more.  :)

Satellite Reign is shaping up nicely - from the very little I've played its looking good.

And have you tried Transistor yet?

bob48

Anybody tried Pox Nora yet?
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

RooksBailey

Quote from: spelk on August 11, 2015, 06:19:41 AM

Satellite Reign is shaping up nicely - from the very little I've played its looking good.

I've been keeping track of that one.  It looks very good.  I am glad to hear you think it is shaping up well.  Any idea when it is going to leave early access?

QuoteAnd have you tried Transistor yet?

Yup! Purchased it last year and played it for an hour or so.  VERY stylish game that I also liked.  For some reason it has just been gathering dust in my library.  I need to get back to it. 
"As I understand from your communication, Mr. Engle, you're on the brink of self-destruction. May I shake your hand? A brilliant idea! I speak as one who has destroyed himself a score of times.  I am, Mr. Engle, a veteran corpse. We are all corpses here! This rendezvous is one of the musical graveyards of the town. Caters to zombies hopping around with dead hearts and price tags for souls." - Angels Over Broadway

BanzaiCat

I have Transistor also, but can't run it. :(

RooksBailey

Quote from: Banzai_Cat on August 12, 2015, 08:29:08 AM
I have Transistor also, but can't run it. :(

How come?  It isn't a demanding game.  What problem did you encounter?

BanzaiCat

Steam won't run it; it keeps saying "Failed to launch program." I tried the usual fixes, like clearing out that cache folder in the Steam program folder, rebooting, and trying again, but no dice.

Sir Slash

Decisive Campaigns' 1st Pz. Army Campaign finished..... with a loss on battle 3 of 4. I got Grozny but couldn't get to the last objective in time. This game always brings me up 1 turn short of victory or hits me with a bad weather turn when I need just one turn of good weather to win.  >:( So I took my frustration out on the Welsh in M2TW's Britainna Campaign.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Ubercat

Quote from: bob48 on August 11, 2015, 06:22:47 AM
Anybody tried Pox Nora yet?

I tried it a number of years back. Didn't do too well as I recall. Leveling up cards just makes them more expensive and time consuming to recruit. I quickly reached a point that I couldn't get past no matter what I tried. Not much for masochism, I moved on to other games.
"If you have always believed that everyone should play by the same rules and be judged by the same standards, that would have gotten you labelled a radical 50 years ago, a liberal 25 years ago, and a racist today."

- Thomas Sowell

Rayfer

Quote from: Sir Slash on August 17, 2015, 09:57:23 PM
Decisive Campaigns' 1st Pz. Army Campaign finished..... with a loss on battle 3 of 4. I got Grozny but couldn't get to the last objective in time. This game always brings me up 1 turn short of victory or hits me with a bad weather turn when I need just one turn of good weather to win.  >:( So I took my frustration out on the Welsh in M2TW's Britainna Campaign.

Congrats....just finishing a campaign in a DC game is an accomplishment; win or lose. Well done!

Sir Slash

Thank you Rayfer. I saved my battle 3 set-up so I may go back and give it another try. Next I want to do Case Blue Short and see if I do better.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.