HA! I finished it!

Started by MetalDog, February 11, 2015, 11:26:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anguille

Just finished my Imperium Galactica 2 campaign (Human campaign).  :D

W8taminute

Quote from: Anguille on November 02, 2015, 04:35:08 AM

Great game and congrats on finishing your campaign.  I never could beat this game even on easy difficulty.  The AI would always come after me with a stack o' doom against my 'grand' fleet of 5 ships that took me several hours to construct.   ;D
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Anguille

Quote from: W8taminute on November 02, 2015, 06:29:57 AM
Quote from: Anguille on November 02, 2015, 04:35:08 AM

Great game and congrats on finishing your campaign.  I never could beat this game even on easy difficulty.  The AI would always come after me with a stack o' doom against my 'grand' fleet of 5 ships that took me several hours to construct.   ;D
Thanks! 😀

RedArgo

Finished a fun game of Civ 5.

Playing on King, standard map, continents as the Polish.

My continent had the Ethiopians and Indians, who I was friendly with, and the Zulus, who I knew would be a problem.  The Zulus quickly knocked the Ethiopians down to one city and then turned on me.  We fought for centuries before I eventually overwhelmed them and took them out, restoring the Ethiopians to their empire and liberating a couple city-states.

By now, from the other continent, the Russians had double my points and a huge military.  They launched a couple amphibious invasions which I was able to hold off.  It was now the 21st century and the Russians and I were in a race for the spaceship, which I think I would have won, but to be sure, I had my missile cruiser hit Moscow with three nukes, and then dropped in my x-com squads to capture their capital.  Good thing, because I forgot about the time limit and one turn after I did that the game ended.  Taking Moscow had just barely put me ahead of the Russians to get the win.

Usually, it is essentially over pretty early since the AI doesn't manage it's troops too well, but I got off to a slow start and the terrain favored the Zulus which turned it into one of my most memorable games of Civ 5.

MetalDog

Sounds awesome!  I haven't V'd it yet, but, I have Civ'd for countless hours and that sounds like a great win by you!
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

smittyohio

Finished up Fallout 1 for the first time last night!   Can't even count how many times I had to reload...

MetalDog

Congrats!  Two more to go before the new one ;)
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

smittyohio

Quote from: MetalDog on November 13, 2015, 11:38:29 AM

Luckily I've already played Fallout 3 and Fallout New Vegas, so I just have Fallout 2 to go.  It's substantially longer than 1 I think, so by the time I finish it, my kid should be finished with Fallout 4 so I can play   ;-)

Rayfer

Quote from: smittyohio on November 13, 2015, 11:51:56 AM
Quote from: MetalDog on November 13, 2015, 11:38:29 AM

Luckily I've already played Fallout 3 and Fallout New Vegas, so I just have Fallout 2 to go.  It's substantially longer than 1 I think, so by the time I finish it, my kid should be finished with Fallout 4 so I can play   ;-)

Same with me...finished 1, 3 and NV, but never finished 2. I found 2 to be substantially more difficult than 1. Looking forward to playing 4 when funds allow.

Rayfer

Finished and won a Civ 5 campaign as the Babylonians....392 turns! Did it with a military/war victory. Some really cool late-game units like stealth bombers, giant mech-warriors, rocket artillery, etc.

BanzaiCat

Giant Death Robot.  O0

Usually by that stage in the game, my enemies are toast already. GDR is kind of overkill. I like dropping nukes too, just because I can.

Silent Disapproval Robot

Finally finished the main story campaign for Risen 3.  I enjoyed the game overall but, as usual, found the grind up to the final boss fight to be too drawn out to be fun.  Steam tells me it took me 47 hours.  If you like the other Risen/Gothic games, this one's in the same mold.  It's better voice acted and suffers from far fewer bugs than other titles in the series.  I'd say the only issue apart from the end-game grind was the progression system.  If you do most of the side quests, the game rewards you with enough XP to max out most stats so specialization becomes irrelevant for the final 3rd of the game.  The first third is by far the toughest and specialization does matter then because you're pathetically weak and the various baddies have set stats and don't scale to match your abilities.

-budd-

congrats.
I put 12 hours into Risen 1 so far and it started to feel grindy. I do like the combat, its no cake walk at the start. I have 2 but haven't even installed it.Not even thinking about 3 until i can commit to the first 2. If i start to feel the grind i just stick to the main story line.
How many hours to finish Risen 1 if you remember?
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

BanzaiCat

I don't even remember how good Risen 1 was. I played it for 2 hours (according to Steam) before uninstalling it.

Silent Disapproval Robot

I don't remember how long Risen took to be honest.  I just recall that the maps in Risen seemed a lot more compact compared to what I'd just come out of in Gothic III so it seemed to go by rather quickly.  Steam says Risen 2 took me 39 hours, including the DLC stuff.

Risen 2 and 3 kind of ditch the Risen/Gothic storyline and are set in a fantasy pirate world (although there is still some cross over with the mages and the druids).