Main Menu

HA! I finished it!

Started by MetalDog, February 11, 2015, 11:26:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

-budd-

It must be finish the short games on my games list week. I loaded up deadlight and after about 10 minutes quit and uninstalled. Can't say whether the game is good or bad but it wasnt made for keyboard and mouse, probably a bit better with game pad. Too frustrating...done. So i moved on to Alan Wake American Nightmare......3 hours to finish.....i'd like that time back....that tells you how much i liked the game. I got to a point to finish just for finishing's sake. I guess someone thought running over the exact same ground 3 times in a row to finish the game was a good idea. Combat was basically like Alan Wake [which i liked] but easier. The best thing about it was the alter ego TV cut scenes, but they did tend to drag. I didn't dig the whole Rod Serling Twight Zone ripoff presentation. This seemed like a hastily thrown together money grab,avoid this game, there are better ways to spend your time.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

Anguille

Just completed an Horizon campaign winning the Kor'tahz victory for the first time...there was a really nice movie at the end!

Martok

Congratulations Anguille

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

Anguille

Quote from: Martok on February 20, 2016, 05:02:07 AM
Congratulations Anguille!

Thanks! I really managed a good game...i was never under pressure.

Sir Slash

I beat DC Case Blue- the German Short Campaign with a Major Vic. (431 VP's). I can't tell you how much I've wanted this one after the game Bitch-Slapped me plenty in the smaller campaigns. Suck-on-that Stalin.  :D
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

sandman2575

Quote from: Sir Slash on February 29, 2016, 12:37:14 PM
I beat DC Case Blue- the German Short Campaign with a Major Vic. (431 VP's). I can't tell you how much I've wanted this one after the game Bitch-Slapped me plenty in the smaller campaigns. Suck-on-that Stalin.  :D

Well done!

I started playing DC Barbarossa over the weekend. There are definitely some aspects from Case Blue that I miss, especially the scale -- I love how in Case Blue, regiments are the standard maneuver unit, and Corps are the 'spearhead' -- in DC3, the divisional scale and complete elimination of the Corps-level in the OOB bothers me -- it feels like a step backward, making for less interesting and less nuanced tactical decision-making.

jamus34

Call of Duty:Black Ops 3 Multiplayer

I played about 2 hours during the free weekend...and I feel I'll never need to play it again.
Insert witty comment here.

MetalDog

Not the type of 'finish' I envisioned when I started the thread, but, appropriate.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Sir Slash

Thanks Sandman. I completely agree with you about the scale of Case Blue vs DC III. I just love pushing Panzer Regts' across that lovely Russian landscape. Maybe next I'll try the Russian Campaign.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

FarAway Sooner

I just completed the "Taifun" scenario in Unity of Command: Black Turn with a Decisive Victory!  Moscow fell in 14 turns.

Most of the campaign (my first), I've been restarting scenarios after 3-4 turns to keep my Prestige score high and get a feel for what to do, but in the last 2 or 3 scenarios, the light bulb is finally coming on and I managed Taifun without any restarts!  I'm quite proud of that...

This campaign is my first serious foray into Unity of Command and I'm very impressed by it.  It takes mechanics that are only a little deeper than Panzer General and turns them into one of the deepest strategy games I've ever played!

jamus34

Quote from: MetalDog on February 29, 2016, 10:15:07 PM
Not the type of 'finish' I envisioned when I started the thread, but, appropriate.
Yeah well shooters are pretty much the only game type that I can throw down my controller and say I'm done. I'll still load up the likes of MOO 1, MOO 2, MOM, the original colonization, etc.

Even rpgs I'll go back to.
Insert witty comment here.

Sir Slash

Congrats on the win Sooner. I've heard nothing but praise about UoC and that it's got a hell-of-a-smart AI to beat. What say you?

Silent Disapproval Robot

I just finished Rise of the Tomb Raider.  Enjoyed it quite a bit.  I even spent a bunch of time doing all the challenges and finding all the artifacts and hidden goodies.  Ended up with a 97% completion rating.

I felt the story started out a bit poorly but it picked up as the game progressed.  I'm looking forward to the next installment in the series.

JasonPratt

No doubt the next installment will be Dawn of the Tomb Raider.  ::)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

JasonPratt

I finished my Empyrion campaign last night (and the AAR also).

For something still listed as a pre-Alpha (at the time I'm writing this, with full Alpha soon on the way), it's an amazingly polished and fulfilling survival game. With a lot of quirks. Some of which I mock in the AAR, to be honest. But still, I think I bought it full price, and if so I don't regret that decision.

(Note that there isn't actually a 'finish' to the campaign; I played until I developed a warp-capable ship that could take me home, but it's really meant to open up exploration of planets other than the one you crash on at the start.)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!