Main Menu

HA! I finished it!

Started by MetalDog, February 11, 2015, 11:26:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MetalDog

Quote from: Sir Slash on September 26, 2016, 10:07:28 PM
Why thank you MD. Honestly I enjoyed this, the full campaign, so much I was sorry to see it end. The AI was a little bizarre at times but hard to predict and was winning battles against me even on the very last turn. I had captured Nashville and 2 Confederate Ironclads along with it and I really wanted to see how they would stand-up to the Confederate guns along the Mississippi but the game ended too soon. Now.... for the Switch-Sides rematch.

You're a better man than I.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

undercovergeek

Civ 6, Prince level as Pericles, 1212 points, science victory - very enjoyable apart from that last 100 turns of 'ive won already'

Sir Slash

Way to whip that game UCG. Who says science is nerdy?  :nerd:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Daroc

I finally beat WOW unsubbed today!!! hehe

MetalDog

And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

JasonPratt

Oh, right! -- forgot to mention in this thread that I, um, "finished" (for some real value of "finish") a War of the Ring grand campaign in Battle for Middle-Earth 2: Rise of the Witch King some time back! I've been AARing the results for a couple of weeks already; I took the Dwarves, teamed with the AI as the Men faction (i.e. Gondor + Rohan), vs all four Evil factions teamed up (Angmar, Isengard, Mordor, and the Goblins).

It's a Dwarfoclysm!  :D By which I mean, my ersatz teammate has nearly lost us the game by Turn 5, and in the AAR I'm struggling to keep us afloat in Turn 9, being dogpiled by Team Evil.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Silent Disapproval Robot

Finished Witcher 3.  Took me almost 2 months but I enjoyed my time thoroughly.
Now I'm at a loss as to what to play next.

Bison

Finished several games of Twilight Struggle today. 

BanzaiCat

I saw you playing online last night. Congrats!

Ian C

Finished Witcher 3 and all DLC. One of my best gaming experiences yet. Finally retired to Toussaint in my Villa. Still have minor quests, treasure hunts and undiscovered places to visit but the main story lines are done.

I loved the stories, the depth of detail, the way the story draws you in, the graphics, the acting, the characters, the creatures, the moral choices you must make occasionally, the romance, the epic scale, the mundane scale, everything.

It easily rests on my top shelf along with PS1's Metal Gear Solid, Medal of Honour and other classics as one of the most enjoyable games I've played.
I'm going to be firing this up for many years to come.

Sir Slash

Congrats on the wins for SDR and Ian C!!!  Makes me think I should get my rear-in-gear and finish some of my games long put-off. But.... there's always a 'new shiny thing'.  :dreamer:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

BanzaiCat

I wish I could get through the first Witcher. Maybe I'll give it another try when vacation finally hits.

What the heck, why not. I tried re-installing and running Far Cry 3 but it's a uPlay joke, which I'd forgotten, and it runs laggy as hell on my PC, so, buh bye.

JasonPratt

Finished the final episode for Telltale's Batman series. My comments are in the relevant thread; recommended with some caveats, mostly based in the style of game TT makes in these "series" or "seasons".
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

undercovergeek

Finished the warhammer dwarf campaign - I'm ashamed to admit due to geography me and the little fellas completely missed out on the chaos hoardes - archaon, the big guy swung a left instead of a south and he was eventually destroyed out west. We killed a lot of varg and skaeling which are chaos little brothers from the frozen wastelands. At one point it was me, two other dwarf clans, the empire and the border princes against the northern marauders and it really felt like we were all in it together against the incursions and then it was over and I realised I was only 3 settlements short of a victory and fortunately these were ruins due to chaos

I missed out on a few of the set piece battles and ruined the order of things, the quests try and take you on a chronological path through the campaign, I'd wiped out both the vampires and the orcs before I got round to the show piece final orc and vampire quest battles so it was a bit weird to fight bad guys that hadn't been on the map for 50 turns

Loved the rolling video of your progress at the end - but it's done now - onto something else, when I'm back maybe empire or beastmen

BanzaiCat

Quote from: Silent Disapproval Robot on December 17, 2016, 11:04:48 PM
Finished Witcher 3.  Took me almost 2 months but I enjoyed my time thoroughly.
Now I'm at a loss as to what to play next.

Rebellion via TTS!

Well, partially.