Main Menu

HA! I finished it!

Started by MetalDog, February 11, 2015, 11:26:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Slash

Yes, winner gets..... a Milky Way!   :2funny:   Get it? Seriously, congrats on the win Barth. Looks like a complex game.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

airboy

Congrats!

On an unimpressive note, I unboxed Mansions of Madness 2 and completed one of the four scenarios it comes with twice. 

One was a win and the other was a narrow loss. 

For the loss it was a tossup if my investigators would be consumed by fire raging through the mansion, be eaten by a Star Spawn of Cthulhu, or (what actually happened) one of the investigators went completely insane.  In MM2 if a character dies or goes insane the other investigators have to win in the following turn or they all lose.

-budd-

Good job Barthheart and Airboy, now go reward yourselves with some more game purchases :D. How long did it take you to finish Barthheart? I have never finished any 4X game i've started...ever, usually once the mid-late game micromanagement hits i get fatigued. I just picked up Gladius with my Matrix coupon, see if i can finish this one ::)
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

Tuna

Completed my first Attila game.. Boy you have to get involved in the family with this one. Took me awhile to 'get it'. LOL in Rome, I always ignored the family.

url]

airboy

Congratulations!  Build a Triumphal Arch!
:bd:

Barthheart

Quote from: -budd- on July 13, 2018, 11:49:14 PM
Good job Barthheart and Airboy, now go reward yourselves with some more game purchases :D. How long did it take you to finish Barthheart? I have never finished any 4X game i've started...ever, usually once the mid-late game micromanagement hits i get fatigued. I just picked up Gladius with my Matrix coupon, see if i can finish this one ::)

Well I'd started and stopped plenty of Stellaris games until now, mostly because they'd update before I could finish. I've got about 246 hours into it so far and this is my first finish. Probably about 50-60 hours for this game.

airboy

Congratulations!

If your corners were square you get double scotch!

-budd-

Finished Bioshock Infinite, 12 hours to finish. Played on normal difficulty, died 5 times during my play through.This Bioshock seemed easier than the others, favorite weapon was an upgraded carbine, favorite vigor was shock jockey. The story was good, after going WTF at the ending then thinking about it and putting some of the pieces in place it came together.....I was half right in my assumptions while playing. Some of the weapon were under whelming, i just went with the carbine and shotgun upgraded and used the other weapons as needed, you can only carry two at a time and only arm 2 vigors at a time. Bioshock has always been about the right weapon/vigor at the right time for the right enemy. Its got some cool elements, traveling and fighting from the skytrack was awesome. Elizabeth[sidekick] doesn't get in the way and is really helpful. The firefights are fun, with intelligent use of cover, high ground and the game elements it provides there not overly difficult. I'll probably start the Burial at Sea episodes, i want to see where the story goes. The Bioshock franchise has always been a favorite of mine, don't know what took me so long to play Infinite. 
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

Sir Slash

Congrats on the win. Only 12 hours? I though this was a longer game. Sounds like a fun ride.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Silent Disapproval Robot

I forced myself to grind through the long campaign in Total War: Warhammer.  Took a few weeks to beat.

Sir Slash

Hallelujah! I knew SOMEBODY could beat this game. Way to go SDR!  :notworthy:

Tuna

Congrats!, Yet to beat the Warhammer version.  :notworthy: :notworthy:

Rayfer

Quote from: Tuna on July 18, 2018, 06:32:44 AM
Congrats!, Yet to beat the Warhammer version.  :notworthy: :notworthy:

+1  Have tried and tried again but cannot win.

airboy

Congrats!  Love the name "Grudgebearer" for a dwarf.

Sir Slash

I got further as the Dwarves than anyone else. But the Orcs just kept coming at me and, like in Gus' latest blog, they had lots of upgraded units way beyond mine. Finally lost interest in continuing the struggle, but now that I know it's possible to win.....