Main Menu

HA! I finished it!

Started by MetalDog, February 11, 2015, 11:26:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Slash

Congrats on the win Airboy. I'm assuming you won. Surely you did being the Admiral that you are.  :clap:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Rayfer

Quote from: Sir Slash on August 12, 2019, 11:21:31 AM
Congrats on the win Airboy. I'm assuming you won. Surely you did being the Admiral that you are.  :clap:

+1  I congratulate anyone who finishes anything, something I seem incapable of.  :'(

-budd-

Congrats on the finish. Someone has to keep this thread alive by actually finishing a game. Been awhile since i finished anything, other than scenarios.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

Rayfer

Quote from: -budd- on August 12, 2019, 05:11:32 PM
Congrats on the finish. Someone has to keep this thread alive by actually finishing a game. Been awhile since i finished anything, other than scenarios.

Hey....I count finishing a scenario as a huge accomplishment.  A full game...can't remember the last time I finished one.

airboy

I finished Age of Decadence following the Legion line of quests.  I would not recommend spending the time to equal my achievement.

The game is a brutally hard RPG and I played a maxed out combat character.  There is not a lot to do.  Some of the game is enraging "find the pixel or the secret hex or person" that requires finding the right object, place to stand, or pixel to interact with among a veritable host of inert objects.

The game has multiple endings and you can probably win using different strategies (according to the internet).  But there is surprisingly little to do and much of what you do is very hard.

Due to the short length of gameplay, annoyingly difficult to find specific objects/persons to interact with, and maddenlying hard combat with no means to adjust difficulty - I would not recommend this.  Many of the quests, perhaps as much as a third, will not be achievable on any playthrough given whatever character type you decide to start playing.  The only way to "experience the options" is to make very different characters and hope to survive - which is not easy.

Because the game is relatively short - it is possible to have multiple different starting character types and eventually grind your way through the play options - but I doubt it is worth the time and effort.

Sir Slash

Congrats on the Win Airboy. Too bad the game wasn't more fun to play.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

-budd-

Congrats on the finish and thx for the info, taking this off the wishlist.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

Con

Finished Command Modern Air Naval Operations (and the last three scenarios in Command Modern) of Northern Inferno.

Its taken me a little over two years.  Lots of times I picked it up and then got stuck in several scenarios causing me to stop playing when real life intervened and then restarting the whole campaign again when I was freed up with time.  Part of the reason I couldn't get through some scenarios was my OCD when it comes to games like this the urge to get a max score leading to many oh so many different tries/starts until I can get past them.  I am looking at you scenarios Mighty O, Deliverance and Beware the badger.  I must have 100s of saves and tries on thos scenarios alone.

Overall its been a fun ride and i was able to use the updated command modern engine to compare to the previous version (well worth getting).  The story and scenarios were great, seemed very realistic and utterly depressing when the nukes start going off (especially when Scotland gets nuked since I was living there during the time period this is set in).  All in all time well spent.  I have the other campaigns but I might take a little break for a while.

Con

MetalDog

Sounds like a labor of love.  I have to imagine the feeling of accomplishment was of great satisfaction to you.  I LOVE that feeling! 
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

SirAndrewD

Finished Outer Worlds.  It's a pretty fun game, but I think a touch overrated.   It's got 25 or so hours of solid play but some of the off main quest stuff is a bit average. 

All in all no regrets on it. 
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

Sir Slash

Congrats all on your finishes.  :clap:  The last thing I finished was a six pack of Coors.

SirAndrewD

Quote from: Sir Slash on December 08, 2019, 12:10:06 AM
Congrats all on your finishes.  :clap:  The last thing I finished was a six pack of Coors.

I finished a half handle of Wild Turkey.
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

Rayfer

Quote from: Con on December 07, 2019, 11:14:08 PM
Finished Command Modern Air Naval Operations (and the last three scenarios in Command Modern) of Northern Inferno.

Its taken me a little over two years.  Lots of times I picked it up and then got stuck in several scenarios causing me to stop playing when real life intervened and then restarting the whole campaign again when I was freed up with time.  Part of the reason I couldn't get through some scenarios was my OCD when it comes to games like this the urge to get a max score leading to many oh so many different tries/starts until I can get past them.  I am looking at you scenarios Mighty O, Deliverance and Beware the badger.  I must have 100s of saves and tries on thos scenarios alone.

Overall its been a fun ride and i was able to use the updated command modern engine to compare to the previous version (well worth getting).  The story and scenarios were great, seemed very realistic and utterly depressing when the nukes start going off (especially when Scotland gets nuked since I was living there during the time period this is set in).  All in all time well spent.  I have the other campaigns but I might take a little break for a while.

Con

A worthy accomplishment...congratulations!    :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:   

FarAway Sooner

Well done to all of you.

I finished a season of watching college football yesterday, as my Sooners coasted into the College Football Playoffs by the skin of their teeth.  I'm somewhere near finishing two or three different games, but not yet over the finish line for any of them.

Dang, having a full-time job sure does cut into my gaming hours!  Ah well, I'm likely to finish my first bottle of egg nog for the Holiday Season today...

Cheers to all of you who are able to enjoy much greater follow-through than I have!!!

WYBaugh

Finished Borderlands 3 story mode.  Great game but story is slightly disjointed compared to 2 and prequel.