Star Hammer The Vanguard Prophecy

Started by Zulu1966, June 04, 2015, 06:31:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zulu1966

supposed to be released today ... anyone have a view - looks like mechanics are interesting and its 3D space.

It looks very similar to a game that was out a while back but cant for the life of me remember what its called - is it a further development of that or something new ?

Sorry ... Link

http://www.matrixgames.com/products/568/details/Star.Hammer.The.Vanguard.Prophecy.
"you are the rule maker, the dictator, the mini- Stalin, Mao, Hitler, the emperor, generalissimo, the MAN. You may talk the talk and appear to be quite easy going to foster popularity, but to the MAN I say F*CK YOU." And Steve G is F******g rude ? Just another day on the BF forum ... one demented idiots reaction to BF disagreeing about the thickness of the armour on a Tiger II turret mantlet.

Surtur

The game is out now and for those interested, we will do a Twitch stream of it later today so you can all have a look at some actual gameplay.

It may not be the most grognard game out there, but it is good fun and there is a lot of room for different kinds of tactics. Also, the fact that the game takes place on different height levels as well means that you really have to adjust to the game mechanics.

Also did one a couple of weeks ago with an earlier build:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KHNtAwfzTZs
"Gentlemen, You Can't Fight in Here. This is the War Room!"

Zulu1966

Nice Price. I take from that its a fairly "lite" game ? not that there is anything wrong with that
"you are the rule maker, the dictator, the mini- Stalin, Mao, Hitler, the emperor, generalissimo, the MAN. You may talk the talk and appear to be quite easy going to foster popularity, but to the MAN I say F*CK YOU." And Steve G is F******g rude ? Just another day on the BF forum ... one demented idiots reaction to BF disagreeing about the thickness of the armour on a Tiger II turret mantlet.

Tpek

No one here has it yet?
Weird...
I guess I might end up being the first (again) :P

RedArgo

Only $18 (instead of normal $20) on Steam until the 11th.  I'll wait for a little reaction, then probably pick this up, unless it flops.  I've been waiting for a good tactical space combat game, so I'd better support them when they do.

Jarhead0331

I'll probably pick it up tonight. Looks interesting. I'm disappointed to see it referred to as "lite" though...seems like a lost opportunity for an in-depth space fleet tactics game.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Zulu1966

Well - given at am a loose end I picked it up.

Its sort of lite but then again not. The 3d Plane makes it very interesting.

I have literally had about half an hour with it so don't take this as a recommendation to buy - but so far I very much like what I see and will be delving in deeper.

Nefaro

The price will make it easier to buy sometime soon.

I'd like to check out an LP.

Quote from: Surtur on June 04, 2015, 08:42:26 AM
The game is out now and for those interested, we will do a Twitch stream of it later today so you can all have a look at some actual gameplay.

Is Agrippa doing an LP of this one, too? 

Surtur

Thanks Zulu, let me know if you (or anyone else here) have any questions.

bobarossa

I'm confused, is it real-time pausable or turn-based WEGO.  From the video I can see it being turn-based with a real-time-like playout of the turn (ala Combat Mission). 

Nefaro

Quote from: bobarossa on June 04, 2015, 12:33:21 PM
I'm confused, is it real-time pausable or turn-based WEGO.  From the video I can see it being turn-based with a real-time-like playout of the turn (ala Combat Mission).

Game page says it's turn-based WEGO.

bobarossa

Quote from: Nefaro on June 04, 2015, 01:35:03 PM
Quote from: bobarossa on June 04, 2015, 12:33:21 PM

Game page says it's turn-based WEGO.
Except in the upper left it also says Real Time Pausable which is what confused me.  Couldn't see how it was both unless there was an option that let you choose.

Surtur

The game is WeGo, but the turn resolution is in actual (pausable) real time (Combat mission is a nice comparison here indeed)

Silent Disapproval Robot

Bought it.  I'll post impressions in a couple days.

Silent Disapproval Robot

Well, you can't remap key bindings so that's us lefties and people with AZERTY keyboards screwed over once again. 

There are a lot of spelling and grammar mistakes in the manual and on screen. 

This game needs fixing.