Main Menu

TacOps4

Started by Epee1, February 04, 2012, 08:11:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Epee1

Any of you guys play this game?  I was just wondering what you think of it?

Grim.Reaper

Never heard of it until you mentioned it, but when I googled it took me to a page that has a demo.  It is like 14MB, wonder how much it can pack :)

http://www.battlefront.com/products/tacops4/demo.html

Epee1

It was my understanding from someone here that it did not have any DRM, unlike the other games sold by Battlefront.

I like supporting developers who do that.

Thanks for the link Grim.

Grim.Reaper

Let us know how the demo turns out...little skeptical based on the size of the game and the screens, but who knows, could be a gem.

Staggerwing

TacOps has been around a very long time. I remember D/Ling a version with no AI back in the early-mid 90s when I had
Compuserve. IIRC you had to play hotseat.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

MIGMaster

I've played a coupla different versions, but it just never held me - the blah factor was a bit too high !

Epee1

I will admit the screen shots are not exactly cutting edge.

Must be something to the game since it has been around for so long.  Maybe it's accurate from a professional military standpoint.

I liked Panthers in the Shadows, and Tigers on the Prowl, but of course we have come a LONG way since that day, and I'm hoping that Tigers Unleashed gets polished up and playable.

So I will pick it up, and eventually post back letting you know what I think.  I'm sure all of you are going to just wait with bated breath for my report.  ;)

jomni

I have it.  Not too fond of it.  It's like POA2 / Tigers Unleashed Lite.   ;D
Turn resolution can be long and boring, and also your troops fight to the death.  I don't recall morale being implemented.  This is more like a study of equipment capabilities like POA2.