Holiday Damage Thread

Started by -budd-, November 27, 2015, 04:17:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sandman2575

"Fun and satisfying" difficult or "Rage-quit inducing" difficult? 

Nefaro

Quote from: Arctic Blast on November 28, 2015, 08:35:20 PM
Quote from: RangerX3X on November 28, 2015, 06:31:47 PM
Quote from: Arctic Blast on November 28, 2015, 06:26:23 PM

Wait...are we also counting board game purchases? Because...yeah... ::) :P

Considering this is in a subforum for computer wargaming, technically no.  O0

Sweet! In that case, totally on budget!  ;D

LOL

Seconded.

Gusington

On Attila: difficult to keep me playing repeatedly to try to finally score a victory. Fun enough to have me stare at the monitor like a drooling idiot as I tech up my units and cities. Exciting enough to have me play night after night and frustrating enough that I throw beer cans at the same monitor when almost every in game faction jumps on top of me and ransacks what's left of my one province.

So, in closing, Attila is like a hot bitchy girlfriend.

Rome II is more accessible and easier to win, but I keep going back to Attila a. because I like the time period more & b. the game is the PC gaming version of a sultry minx.

Plus with Age of Charlemagne coming out and the game dynamics changing again, I may have a renewed chance to win a campaign in a newer Total War game.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

smittyohio

So far, the damage is:

Middle Earth: Shadows of Mordor and all DLC for 13.50
Strategy Heroes Bundle off of BundleStars for 2.70 or so
   (contains Prime World: Defenders, Heroes of Annihilated Empires, Knights and Merchants, Runespell: Overture, Eador: Genesis, Hoard Complete Pack, Puzzle Kingdoms, and Frozen Synapse Prime)
Command Ops 2 Commander Pack for 60

I will also probably pull the trigger on Endless Legends bundle ($20), AJE: Parthian Wars ($10), and Hannibal: Rome and Carthage in the Second Punic War ($10).

I still also might get Combat Mission Battle for Normandy Big Bundle ($105), but am waiting to see if there's any kind of Holiday sale first.

sandman2575

@Gusington -- A sultry minx, you say?  Sold!

Now the question is -- Witcher 3 for $30? Very much tempted although I'm just not sure I'm going to actually play it...  Plus, potential for highly impressionable 5-year-old daughter wandering by at the most inopportune moment is high with this one...

Gusington

^Very sultry.

Can't help you with Witcher 3 as I am still trying to figure out the combat of Witcher 2.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

kludger

New hotness not on sale:
Fallout 4
Project CARS DLC - Classic Lotus Track Expansion

Stuff that was on my Steam Wishlist that I picked up since was on sale:
Decisive Campaigns Case Blue
Mordheim City of the Damned
Alea Jacta Est DLC - Parthian War and Hannibal
Age Of Wonders 3 DLC - Eternal Lords
Endless Legend DLC - all of it

@Jarhead Destiny Taken King Legendary collection is a great improvement to the original, I was bored with the original after 15hrs but have sunk a couple of hundred hours into Destiny since I bought Taken King, my username there is the same as here if you ever need an extra hand on your fireteam.

Amazon also had some amazing deals on boardgames so I picked up a few.

undercovergeek

Just mordheim - shortly will begin the adventures of 'short gus', 'kidney stones Bob' and 'huw of the valleys'

Father Ted

Quote from: Gusington on November 30, 2015, 12:00:25 PM
So, in closing, Attila is like a hot bitchy girlfriend.

Rome II is more accessible and easier to win

So what sort of girlfriend is Rome II, or was that indeed a continued analogy?

sandman2575

What do folks think of Convoy?  At $7.50 hard to go wrong, but wondering if it has any Grog devotees...

(would also be curious to hear Gus's answer to Father Ted's question   ;))

Dammit Carl!

Quote from: undercovergeek on November 30, 2015, 06:08:43 PM
Just mordheim - shortly will begin the adventures of 'short gus', 'kidney stones Bob' and 'huw of the valleys'

Being somewhat conversant with the Warhammer Fantasy world via the 2nd edition rpg and completely dense regarding Mordheim's offerings, I wonder if you are given the thrills-n-chills of random chargen (from all of the glorious tables) that WHFRPG offered up when it comes to making characters up for the computer game.

If so, then this is one game I need to pick up at some point in the future.

Gusington

Rome II is more accessible, easier to win and much more traditional in its victory conditions. A better all around girlfriend.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Father Ted

Quote from: Gusington on November 30, 2015, 08:50:00 PM
Rome II is more accessible

Emotionally or physically?  Actually, perhaps we shouldn't take this any further...

sandman2575

Quote from: Father Ted on November 30, 2015, 09:21:30 PM
Actually, perhaps we shouldn't take this any further...

Yes, let's stop. I like "sultry minx" and am content to leave it at that.   8)

Also, what do people think of Convoy?   :P

RangerX3X

I finally went with the Steam DC Bundle - Warsaw to Paris and Case Blue for $29.99 and I picked up a campaign DLC pack for Space Hulk for $1.59.

There are still some Matrix only titles that I have my eye on but I am waiting to see what rolls out with the Steam Christmas sale at the end of the year before I fork out anymore credit card debt.