Holiday Damage Thread

Started by -budd-, November 27, 2015, 04:17:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PanzersEast

We must purge these Holiday Sales.....

Nefaro

Quote from: RedArgo on December 01, 2015, 10:35:32 AM
Thanks, I'll take a look at that.  I don't think I ever played past the first version.

SFC2 EAW and OP are far better than the original SFC.  More everything.

And OP works.

Sir Slash

Just caved and bought Civil War II. I feel SO ashamed.  :'(
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Tuna

Just grabbed Gal Civ III at the end of the Steam sale.. The pressure, aren't these sales usually longer!

steve58

Just caved and picked up Star Ruler 2...

Quote from: Tuna on December 01, 2015, 11:52:20 AM
Just grabbed Gal Civ III at the end of the Steam sale.. The pressure, aren't these sales usually longer!

Seems like they usually are, but with the Winter Sale starting in just three weeks and it being longer, not much point in having a long Autumn Sale I guess....
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

Huw the Poo

Quote from: steve58 on December 01, 2015, 12:36:43 PM

Awesome.  Let me know what you think.  I bought it on release and was pretty enamoured with it; sadly it didn't sell and the studio are going to close. :(

Tuna

Quote from: Huw the Poo on December 01, 2015, 01:17:26 PM
Quote from: steve58 on December 01, 2015, 12:36:43 PM

Awesome.  Let me know what you think.  I bought it on release and was pretty enamoured with it; sadly it didn't sell and the studio are going to close. :(

I was eyeing this one, it was a toss up between this and Gal Civ.. Gal Civ won... Oh well maybe I'll grab Star Ruler in the next sale.

Nefaro

I bought GalCiv3 a short time back, on sale, despite telling myself I'd never buy another GalCiv game after the previous two. 

Started it twice.  Froze and/or crashed both times shortly after getting into the game.  Uninstalled.

::)

Huw the Poo

Did you report it to Stardock?  They're very good with bug reports.

sandman2575

Lessee...

Total War ATTILA plus DLC (minus Charlegmagne)
Witcher 3
Borderlands 2
FTL

For a tidy $75 or so...

Was very tempted by CMANO for $40 but still not quite in the sweet zone price-wise where I can't resist. Also haven't yet picked up DC Barbarossa although will at some point I'm sure....

Mostly thought I"m still spending all my time with Fallout 4. Amazing if flawed game...

JasonPratt

Quote from: undercovergeek on November 30, 2015, 06:08:43 PM
Just mordheim - shortly will begin the adventures of 'short gus', 'kidney stones Bob' and 'huw of the valleys'

I feel somewhat responsible for this in various ways...  :coolsmiley:
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

undercovergeek

You are - there'll be a character for you too

Father Ted

Quote from: Sir Slash on December 01, 2015, 12:09:07 AM
Rome 2 is the girlfriend with the slightly large thighs and smallish boobs that's a great cook and doesn't bitch when you go out with friends. Attila is the dumb, hot chick you cheat on her with. And then feel guilty about it the next day. But you know she will forgive you for it once you've told her how beautiful she is. Tough choice.  :coolsmiley:

I was just asking about videogames - I didn't expect a confession (ironic, I know)

Nefaro

Quote from: Huw the Poo on December 01, 2015, 03:10:46 PM

There are tons of crash reports with the same M.O.  on the forum.  Definitely a known issue.

I will start it up again, eventually.  Not in any hurry until it's had more updates.   I'm just afraid that it's gameplay will end up being as shallow as the previous iterations though.

Tuna

Quote from: Nefaro on December 01, 2015, 05:29:12 PM
Quote from: Huw the Poo on December 01, 2015, 03:10:46 PM

There are tons of crash reports with the same M.O.  on the forum.  Definitely a known issue.

I will start it up again, eventually.  Not in any hurry until it's had more updates.   I'm just afraid that it's gameplay will end up being as shallow as the previous iterations though.

Gameplay didn't impress me, initiated a refund.