Holiday Damage Thread

Started by -budd-, November 27, 2015, 04:17:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RangerX3X

I am largely on the fence over a few titles. Over the last decade I have become a Steam Whore of sorts, building a gaming library off of deeply discounted titles that I thought I was interested in, only to wind up with dozens not installed and many others never played.  :o

My wish list on Steam had over 20 titles in it and each time I got an itchy trigger finger on the buy button I forced myself to go watch YouTube videos of gameplay which ended up thinning the heard.
The five games I have left on the wish list I cannot bring myself to purchase yet.

One big factor in my hesitance is that I know the Steam sale ends Dec. 1, and later in the same month they will launch their massive end of year sale. I would hate to buy something now at 50% off if it will be available three weeks from now at 75-90% off (even if I never install or play it).  :idiot2:

The Matrix sale is somewhat interesting; however the only thing that stands out for the moment is War Plan Orange at a nice $9.99 price point.  :D

Toonces

Quote from: Huw the Poo on November 27, 2015, 07:25:50 PM
Quote from: Toonces on November 27, 2015, 07:20:25 PM
SanctuaryRPG Black Edition.

I can't wait for the long-promised Linux port.  It reminds me of the very old 8-bit game Dungeon which I absolutely loved as a nipper.

So I played this for about an hour tonight and it is fantastic.  I very highly recommend it.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Toonces

Hey JD, what do you think of F1 2015 for 50% off?

I only finished half of 2014 and don't know that I need a whole new season.  Price is still a bit high for a maybe...Steam reviews are really bad.  I seem to remember you grooved on it though...
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

airboy

I've bought Distant Worlds - Universe.

If gog has a big sale, I'll probably buy 4-5 things.

Swatter

I just picked up the Star Wars pack from the Steam Autumn sale. That's 14 games for $22!

mikeck

Bought the hard copy of Decisive Campaigns Barbarossa because I'm a sucker for a hard cover color manual!
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

gabeeg

So far...

Decisive Campaigns: Barbarossa...actually splurged for the hard copy on this one
Fritz 15
Command Ops 2: Knock on all Doors

...and I know there will be more...like if Tiller releases the next PzB title.   Now I just need to find the time to play them!
Kind Regards,
Harry

MikeGER

...when i came home yesterday late at night,  i spontaneous bought Fallout 4 PC version
well not on sale, but in the car i thought i can use the night to let it do its +25GB download and explore atomic wastelands on the rainy/stormy weekend to come 

W8taminute

So far I've picked up Arma III for 29.99.  Still pondering on whether to get Civil War II from AGEOD or not.  I'll probably pick up another STEAM card later on today and go from there.   ;D
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Boggit

Quote from: RangerX3X on November 27, 2015, 09:15:21 PM
I am largely on the fence over a few titles. Over the last decade I have become a Steam Whore of sorts, building a gaming library off of deeply discounted titles that I thought I was interested in, only to wind up with dozens not installed and many others never played.  :o

My wish list on Steam had over 20 titles in it and each time I got an itchy trigger finger on the buy button I forced myself to go watch YouTube videos of gameplay which ended up thinning the heard.
The five games I have left on the wish list I cannot bring myself to purchase yet.

One big factor in my hesitance is that I know the Steam sale ends Dec. 1, and later in the same month they will launch their massive end of year sale. I would hate to buy something now at 50% off if it will be available three weeks from now at 75-90% off (even if I never install or play it).  :idiot2:

The Matrix sale is somewhat interesting; however the only thing that stands out for the moment is War Plan Orange at a nice $9.99 price point.  :D
OMG! I am NOT ALONE! :2funny:

Recently got Fortress Craft, Stranded Deep, Anti Squad, Skyrim Leg'y ed, and goat simulator on Steam for my son and daughter. I thought about the Attila TW series, but there were tons of BAD reviews, which put me off and anyway I have Rome 2 TW, and apparently that is better? If Attila is as good as I was hoping it would be then someone please let me know ASAP before the sale is over. Thanks.  O0
The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

Foul Temptress! (Mirth replying to Gus) ;)

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat

Gusington

^Attila, IMHO, is probably the best TW title since Shogun 2 but it is very tough to win, for me anyway.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Greybriar

I have spent exactly $0.00 for PC games this holiday season. I am even considering making some sort of New Year's resolution along those lines.
Regardless of how good a PC game may be it will always have its detractors and no matter how bad a PC game may be it will always have its fans.

bbmike

Quote from: Greybriar on November 28, 2015, 01:19:35 PM
I have spent exactly $0.00 for PC games this holiday season. I am even considering making some sort of New Year's resolution along those lines.

But it is the will of Landru. You are not of the body! The Lawgivers will find you.
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

Asid

Quote from: W8taminute on November 28, 2015, 09:54:43 AM
Still pondering on whether to get Civil War II from AGEOD or not. 
Revolution Under Siege Gold. Also by Ageod.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/374380/
War in Pieces

I stand against Racism, Bigotry and Bullying

Asid

Quote from: bbmike on November 28, 2015, 01:34:18 PM
But it is the will of Landru. You are not of the body! The Lawgivers will find you.
;D
War in Pieces

I stand against Racism, Bigotry and Bullying