Holiday Damage Thread

Started by -budd-, November 27, 2015, 04:17:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dammit Carl!

Quote from: sandman2575 on November 30, 2015, 09:24:09 PM
Also, what do people think of Convoy?   :P

Not bad, but I never have understood the Kris Kristofferson liking; Ernest Borgnine as, "Dirty Lyle," I can see, but otherwise, those dudes were just cashing in on the whole "trucker," thing of the late 70's.

Anyhoo, this is Dammit Carl and I got wall-to-wall bears in my rear-view with a bear in the air at my 12; we're gonna hit that toll gate doing 98, so boys let them trucks roll and I'll catch you on the flip side.

MetalDog

And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Sir Slash

Rome 2 is the girlfriend with the slightly large thighs and smallish boobs that's a great cook and doesn't bitch when you go out with friends. Attila is the dumb, hot chick you cheat on her with. And then feel guilty about it the next day. But you know she will forgive you for it once you've told her how beautiful she is. Tough choice.  :coolsmiley:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Huw the Poo

Quote from: undercovergeek on November 30, 2015, 06:08:43 PM
Just mordheim - shortly will begin the adventures of 'short gus', 'kidney stones Bob' and 'huw of the valleys'

Ooh, I'm gonna be famous!  What's this "Mordheim" stuff then?

Convoy - I haven't put a great deal of time into it but I do think it's rather good.  Everyone compares it to FTL which is a fair comparison, but Convoy gives you more control in battles.  Combined with the ability to pause while issuing orders, frankly I'd give the edge to Convoy.  The interface is intuitive and also immersive, and the RNG doesn't seem quite so harsh in Convoy.  It definitely gets a thumbs-up from me.

FlickJax

been good so far, bought sparta dlc for Rome 2. Will probably save cash and buy Decisive Campaigns: Barbarossa  after xmas.

jamus34

Add broforce to my list. Plus I need to wait for next payday but I'll be hitting the matrix sale up pretty hard
Insert witty comment here.

Staggerwing

Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

BanzaiCat

I snuck in a purchase of Baldur's Gate 2 Complete and Al-Qadim: The Genie's Curse on GOG sale, but that'll probably be it for me for a while unfortunately.

MetalDog

And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Dammit Carl!

Buncha Jesus freaks behind the Suicide Jockey; looks like he needs the help.

RedArgo

So far, I've picked up

Train Valley, this is really fun quick puzzle game.
The DLC's for Endless Legend I didn't already have.
Colonial Conquest for nostalgia's sake, haven't tried it yet though.

I'm think about getting Star Hammer, anyone have any opinions on this?

Lastly, Jarhead, have you tried SFC yet?  I have the disks and it locks up after a few seconds on Windows 8, haven't tried it on 10 yet.  I've also read some messages on GOG that their version may have the same issue. Thanks.

Nefaro

Quote from: RedArgo on December 01, 2015, 08:20:17 AM

Lastly, Jarhead, have you tried SFC yet?  I have the disks and it locks up after a few seconds on Windows 8, haven't tried it on 10 yet.  I've also read some messages on GOG that their version may have the same issue. Thanks.

I've tried multiple different titles in the SFC series on Win7-64.

The only one that has worked perfectly, with no crashes or freezes, has been the digital version of SFC2 Orion Pirates.  Even the newly modified version of SFC2 EAW has problems which haven't been fixed yet.  I suspect picking up an old physical copy of OP, or any others, will still cause problems due to any disk-check DRM + modern OSes.  But good news!  You can get a d/l and key on the cheap.

I picked it up at Dynaverse for $6:

http://www.dynaverse.net/market/5-star-trek-starfleet-command-orion-pirates.html

Been running just fine on my Win7 notebook and a desktop PC, both with Nvidia cards.   O0

There's no telling now long GOG will milk the original SFC Gold for, before they put up EAW & OP.  So I didn't wait.  Orion Pirates is pretty much the same as EAW but used a slightly newer DirectX IIRC (probably why it still works okay), has slightly improved ship textures & effects, and has additional pirate cartel campaigns along with the old dynamic campaigns for the EAW races.   I think they tweaked the random missions in the campaigns and the AI to be better, too, because I've found the computer-controlled opponents to be deadlier in OP.

Sir Slash

Empires of Sand DLC for Attila-- $2.75. Just call me a Big Spender.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

RedArgo

Thanks, I'll take a look at that.  I don't think I ever played past the first version.

Quote from: Nefaro on December 01, 2015, 09:15:12 AM
Quote from: RedArgo on December 01, 2015, 08:20:17 AM

I've tried multiple different titles in the SFC series on Win7-64.

The only one that has worked perfectly, with no crashes or freezes, has been the digital version of SFC2 Orion Pirates.  Even the newly modified version of SFC2 EAW has problems which haven't been fixed yet.  I suspect picking up an old physical copy of OP, or any others, will still cause problems due to any disk-check DRM + modern OSes.  But good news!  You can get a d/l and key on the cheap.

I picked it up at Dynaverse for $6:

http://www.dynaverse.net/market/5-star-trek-starfleet-command-orion-pirates.html

Been running just fine on my Win7 notebook and a desktop PC, both with Nvidia cards.   O0

There's no telling now long GOG will milk the original SFC Gold for, before they put up EAW & OP.  So I didn't wait.  Orion Pirates is pretty much the same as EAW but used a slightly newer DirectX IIRC (probably why it still works okay), has slightly improved ship textures & effects, and has additional pirate cartel campaigns along with the old dynamic campaigns for the EAW races.   I think they tweaked the random missions in the campaigns and the AI to be better, too, because I've found the computer-controlled opponents to be deadlier in OP.

Barthheart

So far only Decisive Campaigns: Barbarossa for me.... and not on sale. Really, really trying to not buy stuff I'll never get to playing...  :uglystupid2: