Indulge my silly goofy question

Started by acctingman, January 28, 2016, 12:01:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

acctingman

HoI 4 does look pretty neat but it doesn't look like it will be out until the end of fall

bbmike

Quote from: acctingman on January 28, 2016, 12:25:31 PM
Quote from: Rayfer on January 28, 2016, 12:22:06 PM
Strategic Command: Global Conflict covers the entire war, all theaters, start to finish. But it isn't small units. Also check out Supreme Ruler 1936.  I'm not sure what you are asking for even exists. I could be wrong. I await other replies.

SPWaW and the JTCS has all nations OOB's and with both games you can, as far as I know (i've not played either) create your own battles/scenarios. You have access to every nations units from 39-45

I do prefer the more 3D look over top down or the nato counter style hence my choices I've listed, but again, I'm not a "pro" when it comes to war gaming knowledge.

It might be a bit more work but Strategic Command: Global Conflict does have a campaign editor. For me, it's the best 'whole WWII' game.
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

jomni

Quote from: undercovergeek on January 28, 2016, 12:03:32 PM
Combat mission to cover the ETO

Witp ae for the Pacific

The guy is looking for tactical scale.

JTCS is the cheapest. All in one package.  Since he ruled out the free SPWW2 (Steel Panthers).

Jarhead0331

Quote from: jomni on January 28, 2016, 05:31:51 PM

Witp ae for the Pacific

JTCS is the cheapest. All in one package.  Since he ruled out the free SPWW2 (Steel Panthers).

He wants to game the ENTIRE war in tactical scale? OK, that will take awhile.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

acctingman

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on January 28, 2016, 05:34:37 PM
Quote from: jomni on January 28, 2016, 05:31:51 PM

Witp ae for the Pacific

He wants to game the ENTIRE war in tactical scale? OK, that will take awhile.

Married to a woman who is very independent and we have no kids. I have time  :uglystupid2:

bbmike

"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

-Clifford D. Simak

panzerde

Not just tactical for the entire war, all theaters, but 3D and not very complex, but not Panzer General.

I'm pretty sure not as either a single game or a series.

"This damned Bonaparte is going to get us all killed" - Jean Lannes, 1809

Castellan -  La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

Swatter

There are a range of Close Combat titles. Try that route.

bayonetbrant

it's almost like you need a WWII scenario for the Civ series :D
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

GJK

Man up and learn to play ASL.  There's scenarios to cover battles on every front, every action....EVERY one.  And there's no NATO symbols.  ;)
Clip your freaking corners!
----------------------
Blood Bowl on VASSAL - Ask me about it! http://garykrockover.com/BB/
----------------------
"Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life, son."

-Dean Vernon Wormer

Anguille

bbmike

Quote from: bayonetbrant on January 28, 2016, 06:24:20 PM
it's almost like you need a WWII scenario for the Civ series :D

I'd buy that for a dollar!  ^-^
-Sherlock Holmes

-The Doctor

-Clifford D. Simak

Toonces

Take the time to learn to play Combat Mission.  It's worth it.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

panzerde

Quote from: Toonces on January 28, 2016, 08:20:48 PM
Take the time to learn to play Combat Mission.  It's worth it.

+1 QFT. And, if you're playing it real-time, try playing it in turn-based mode. You'll probably find it easier to get your head around.
"This damned Bonaparte is going to get us all killed" - Jean Lannes, 1809

Castellan -  La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

glen55

Quote from: acctingman on January 28, 2016, 12:16:07 PM
Thanks undercover

CM is out for me. Too complicated (tried the demo and was lost even after a couple hours)

I have a naval game already.

Looking for land warfare only!

I think you're pretty much out of luck for the Pacific War if you don't want a naval game.  It was 90% a naval war.  OK, make it naval/air.

Also, those guys are right.  Combat Mission rocks.  And once you learn it, it isn't that difficult to play, at least so long as you avoid the monster scenarios.
Things are more like they are now than they have ever been before.
  - Dwight D. Eisenhower