CMFB review at Tactical Wargames blog

Started by TacticalWargames, April 19, 2016, 10:16:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Moreb

Thanks. Made me reminisce of what once was. I was around when Fionn presented the first public AAR's of CMBO back in '99 I think it was and was floored by what I saw and spent several more years playing the first two releases. Truly groundbreaking. Didn't play the Africa one much because that theater never interested me at all. I moved on to Matrix games while CM kept a faithful fan base for far longer than seemed possible. While graphics moved on and on, the same faithful kept playing the venerable favorite. 

Sadly, CMx2 never caught on for me. I tried to get into Normandy but, was turned off by their activation nonsense and the dated aspect especially in light of Operation Star that came out at the same time. AP:OS introduced huge maps, awesome graphics, operational layers, lighting effects, tank riders, trenches, excellent performance and so many extra little details that I never looked back. These days my tactical time is spent on Mius Front, the successor of Op Star.

When dongles fly? - mirth

Moreb

RyanE

I actually got those confused.  I though Dorosh had a new username on the forum.  Are the two sites related at all?

Michael Dorosh

No direct relation, just apparently an interest in the same topic.

Moreb

Quote from: Michael Dorosh on April 21, 2016, 11:18:15 AM
No direct relation, just apparently an interest in the same topic.

Always good to have more people covering our hobby. I enjoyed your site too, especially the presentation you put forth about the frequency of exposed tank commanders.

sandman2575

RPS has taken note of your new blog, under "T is for Tactical Wargames"

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2016/04/22/the-flare-path-topical-titbits-2/

Y'all are famous now.   ;)