Pro Football Strategy 2016

Started by 21sec, May 12, 2016, 11:23:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steelgrave

21sec? Funny, that's the nickname Gus's wife gave him  8)

mirth

Quote from: Steelgrave on May 12, 2016, 11:33:50 AM
21sec? Funny, that's the nickname Gus's wife gave him  8)

Actually that was 2.1sec.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

21sec

It's actually 21SEC, as in at one time Alabama hd 21 SEC titles. They keep accumulating too fast now. It would be too much of a pain to change the number after each season on various message boards.

Nefaro

Looks like it was made for a tablet, but I don't see that as being a big deal for such straightforward text-based sports manager games.

Career Mode?  Sign me the fuque up!

Quote from: Steam Page
Release date: Q1 2016

Uhhh.  Not done yet I suppose?   ???

Grim.Reaper

Its been out on mobile for awhile...actually not a bad game for a mobile game.  Not sure I would play on the desktop and certainly is not a hard core sim by any means.

Steelgrave

What I'm seeing doesn't do much for me, to be honest. If everything is developed as planned, it could be worth a closer look. I'm still waiting for the next Front Page Sports Football I suppose. And not the crappy ripoff remake either.

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Steelgrave on May 12, 2016, 06:53:37 PM
What I'm seeing doesn't do much for me, to be honest. I'm still waiting for the next Front Page Sports Football I suppose. And not the crappy ripoff remake either.

This game is definitely not the next FPSF...sadly, we'll likely never see it, although the new OOTP football game may come close (except without the ability to control the players), when/if ever released.

Steelgrave

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on May 12, 2016, 06:57:45 PM
What I'm seeing doesn't do much for me, to be honest. I'm still waiting for the next Front Page Sports Football I suppose. And not the crappy ripoff remake either.

This game is definitely not the next FPSF...sadly, we'll likely never see it, although the new OOTP football game may come close (except without the ability to control the players), when/if ever released.

That's the one I'm most enamored with. OOTP is holding all of my football sim hopes and dreams at this point  8)

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Steelgrave on May 12, 2016, 06:59:06 PM

That's the one I'm most enamored with. OOTP is holding all of my football sim hopes and dreams at this point  8)

Me too...although the new Front Office Football also sounds promising...if they can take away some of the tedious things such as overly detailed game planning, I would be in heaven:)  It won't have the graphics and such, but a step in the right direction.

Steelgrave

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on May 12, 2016, 07:06:06 PM
Quote from: Steelgrave on May 12, 2016, 06:59:06 PM

Me too...although the new Front Office Football also sounds promising...if they can take away some of the tedious things such as overly detailed game planning, I would be in heaven:)  It won't have the graphics and such, but a step in the right direction.

I'm happy to purchase 'em both if they live up to their promise. Break my heart to have a couple of good NFL games on my computer.

MetalDog

Quote from: 21sec on May 12, 2016, 03:27:25 PM
It's actually 21SEC, as in at one time Alabama hd 21 SEC titles. They keep accumulating too fast now. It would be too much of a pain to change the number after each season on various message boards.

Roll Tide!

Quote from: Steelgrave on May 12, 2016, 07:33:38 PM
Break my heart to have a couple of good NFL games on my computer.

Amen!
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Lowenstaat

I think it traces its lineage back to a game called Tom Landry Strategy Football for DOS. I played that game many times on DOS Box and always wished it had a career mode rather than just a season mode. The latest version of Pro Strategy Football on iPhone does have career mode, and the game play on the field, or coaching from the sidelines I should say, remains similar to Tom Landry Strategy Football.
Here's the link to the Pro Strategy Football site: http://www.prostrategyfootball.com/
Here's Tom Landry Strategy Football Deluxe Edition at Amazon.com: http://www.amazon.com/Tom-Landry-Strategy-Football-Deluxe-PC/dp/B0016D36R4
Here's a YouTube video of someone playing TLFS:
"Initiative compensates for a lack of skill."

glen55

Quote from: 21sec on May 12, 2016, 03:27:25 PM

Roll Tide, baby.  Are you on BOL or Tidesports?  I used to write for rollbamaroll.com.
Things are more like they are now than they have ever been before.
  - Dwight D. Eisenhower

Nefaro

At $3, I may end up putting it on my Kindle Fire version early.  But the PC version is supposed to have some extra features.