Star Wars Battlefront

Started by acctingman, November 21, 2016, 02:04:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

acctingman

So...hoping this game is going to be on sale somewhere this holiday season.

Trying to get my wife to play a game with me (and she likes blowing things up).

I've read some negative reviews when it first came out.

To anyone who plays it currently....is there a decent single player part to the game or is this strictly multi-player?

Danke!  O0

HoodedHorseJoe

There's some comp-stomping, either as a general skirmish match or you can do co-op missions where you have to survive waves of enemies. It was fun enough (and looks gorgeous) but it is a very shallow shooter. I haven't played it since earlier in the year so no idea what it's like now, but back around launch the meta was terrible and janky tactics abound.

But if it's just something to play with your wife, as long as she likes Star Wars enough as well I reckon it might something to pass the time for a while.
Communications Director
Hooded Horse

We are a publisher of indie games with strategic and tactical depth. 28 projects and counting, come check out our portfolio on Steam, GOG, and the Epic Games Store!

You may have seen me around in previous roles such as editor of Wargamer.com and Strategy Gamer.

Grimnirsson

Yeah we bought the Ultimate Edition for the PS4 a few days ago and it looks absolutely great, the sound is fantastic and as a Star Wars game it really shines...as a shooter not so much. Maps can be very narrow, nade spamming seems the way to go then, many modes not that interesting, Walker Assault seems a bit unbalanced...but if you love Star Wars, if you don't need perfect balance, this is the game to just have some fun :)
Homefront Wargame Center - supporting our hobby!

www.homefrontcenter.de

Pete Dero

Quote from: acctingman on November 21, 2016, 02:04:44 PM
So...hoping this game is going to be on sale somewhere this holiday season.

10 € (-67%) for the base game : https://www.origin.com/bel/en-us/store/star-wars/star-wars-battlefront/standard-edition

Quick question : can you play skirmish (single player against bots) on anything added in the season pass DLC ?

Destraex

I play it with my Son who loves star wars. It's a good solid shooter and can be a lot of fun. But it is very very twitch. It's not slow like red orchestra 2 or verdun. It's more like unreal tournament in terms of speed.
The game looks great but their is not really a single player element to it. However you will be able to play a sort of wave mission with your wife against AI.
Multiplayer is where it is at but sadly there is not much of a population. Also be aware that they are bringing out an entirely separate battlefront some time in the future.

As far as I know you cannot play against BOTs in the normal maps? But can in some of the single player mission maps which are not usually that big from my experience.

I'd recommend getting all the DLC with the ultimate edition for no other reason than it will give you the flexibility to move to wherever the population is if you do want to play multiplayer.
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

Destraex

OK just looked for you and their is a fair amount of content for two players.

See the pics below, bear in mind I have the ultimate edition. These are the menus for the single player content. You should read the descriptions.

"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

Pete Dero

Thanks for the detailed info.

Also, I found out there is a 4 hour free trial for the ultimate edition available on origin.

https://www.origin.com/bel/en-us/store/free-games/trials