Anyone looking forward to BattleTech?

Started by acctingman, December 13, 2016, 01:00:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

acctingman

Just heard about this game a few months ago and went to the official site today to see how things are going. I watch a video of actual game play and while I don't know much about the franchise the game looks pretty damn sweet.

Anyone thinking of picking this up? Looks like it has an "early" 2017 release time, which means end of 2017  :uglystupid2:

HoodedHorseJoe

I backed the Kickstarter.

Seems interesting enough - initially I didn't think it was my cup of tea but had a very good KS pitch and the lowest-tier with access seemed pretty reasonable, so I gave it a go.
Communications Director
Hooded Horse

We are a publisher of indie games with strategic and tactical depth. 28 projects and counting, come check out our portfolio on Steam, GOG, and the Epic Games Store!

You may have seen me around in previous roles such as editor of Wargamer.com and Strategy Gamer.

bayonetbrant

as much as I love the BattleTech media franchise, I play digital games so infrequently that I passed backing it.

I'll be looking forward to y'all's screenshots and videos! :)
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Yskonyn

I backed it!
The livestream demo looked awesome. Looking forward to it!
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Tpek

Backed as well.

Nearly forgot about it though :P

kludger

I backed it and looking forward to it.

The recent backer news update mentioned closed beta should be available between Jan and Mar 2017 for those which had beta access backer level.

Pinetree

Quote from: kludger on December 13, 2016, 07:37:47 PM
I backed it and looking forward to it.

The recent backer news update mentioned closed beta should be available between Jan and Mar 2017 for those which had beta access backer level.
Yeah, I'm looking forward to that.
Gen. Montgomery: "Your men don't salute much."
Gen. Freyberg: "Well, if you wave at them they'll usually wave back."

panzerde

"This damned Bonaparte is going to get us all killed" - Jean Lannes, 1809

Castellan -  La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

Nefaro

This is one of the few digital games on my must-have list, along with the Check Your Six series from Slitherine-Matrix and the new Red Storm Rising-ish game.

Just hope they do a good job implementing the dynamic campaign.  :dreamer:

acctingman

Quote from: Nefaro on December 14, 2016, 07:33:00 PM
This is one of the few digital games on my must-have list, along with the Check Your Six series from Slitherine-Matrix and the new Red Storm Rising-ish game.

Oh yea....Check Your Six. Guess their beta should be ready to go by the end of January. This game is one of the most anticipated games for me. I don't think we have a CY6 type of game on the market. Dying to see what the game looks like and the multiplayer possibilities!

Nefaro

Quote from: acctingman on December 14, 2016, 07:45:09 PM
Quote from: Nefaro on December 14, 2016, 07:33:00 PM

Oh yea....Check Your Six. Guess their beta should be ready to go by the end of January. This game is one of the most anticipated games for me. I don't think we have a CY6 type of game on the market. Dying to see what the game looks like and the multiplayer possibilities!

... and the extra fun stuff that a digital version entails (single-player dynamic campaign?)

Bletchley_Geek

This is indeed one of my highlights for 2017. Backed it right off the bat and I had to resist the urge to go and get all those sourcebooks in PDF which I had and are now lost in a box at my parent's carport half a world away.

Looking forward to the multiplayer only prototype hopefully coming out by Feb/March next year.

EDIT: Just received on the email the last Kickstarter update of the year, and it does look pretty good to me: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/webeharebrained/battletech/posts/1768032

Pinetree

Gen. Montgomery: "Your men don't salute much."
Gen. Freyberg: "Well, if you wave at them they'll usually wave back."

HoodedHorseJoe

Just read the update myself - it's reassuring to see companies work through concepts like this and actively avoid making them over-complicated.

I admit, I'm a little sceptical of the idea of mechs being able to Melee like this due to balance, weight etc... but that's just nit-picking. Still looks very cool.
Communications Director
Hooded Horse

We are a publisher of indie games with strategic and tactical depth. 28 projects and counting, come check out our portfolio on Steam, GOG, and the Epic Games Store!

You may have seen me around in previous roles such as editor of Wargamer.com and Strategy Gamer.

Bletchley_Geek

Quote from: WargamerJoe on December 20, 2016, 05:46:38 AM
Just read the update myself - it's reassuring to see companies work through concepts like this and actively avoid making them over-complicated.

Precisely that makes me feel confident about this one.